Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Images for website

Please refer to www.framingmounts.co.uk to view images on my website.

I would ideally like to have the images change colour as clients make their colour selection. Currently their colour selection is shown in a grey box below the item image and whilst this is OK it is not ideal.

My questions are:
    1. How do I draw an image of the product with a transparent layer for the colour change to happen whilst maintaining a white bevel edge on the aperture cut?
    2. How do I do this for a double and triple layer mount?

Any suggestions and guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B140 Double.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	102504  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    alistair d w barclay

Default Re: Images for website

If you were using Xara Web Designer or Xara Designer Pro, I would suggest you use layers.

Boy - Since the attached file is a .XAR file we can assume adwb is using a Xara product.

And yes, Layers are the way to go.

Alistair - If you are not familiar with layers, go to Help > Search > Index > Layers

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Boy - Since the attached file is a .XAR file we can assume adwb is using a Xara product.
    Yes Gary, he is using a Xara product for the artwork but his questions concern his website, which is not made with a Xara product.

The trick is to have a palette picker that when clicked alters the required frame colour to the selected colour.
    You need a collection of CSS and jQuery code to do it all if you are not in control of the website.

Personally, you should try to convince your client to accept a sub-site with your published XAR site (with layers) and embed it within a IFRAME on the client's site.

You will need to advised the viewer to record the selection on use some simple email construction on on-line form to record the choices.

To achieve a white edging for single, double and triple cuts, you need to treat them as stacking shapes, some with colour, some with white.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I agree with Acorn.

A lot depends on whether you just want to show the visitor what a background colour might look like, plus what border might look like. If that's all you require it's achievable but if you want the selection to be dynamically uploaded to say an email that may cause some serious coding.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you very much for your valued input.
    I am only trying to show customers what their colour choices will look like.
    All order info is automatically forwarded by e-mail to the production team without any images.
    alistair d w barclay

Alistair

I am not sure if this will help, but since you have the black frame photo, you can create a frame shape to place over the frame, add a color then apply a Flat, Bleach transparency. You will need to experiment with the amount of transparency and the mixing of the colors but you should be able to create some images that you can then add to different layers.

Link the colors on the color charts to the layers either with a mouse click or Link > Mouse-over > Show Layer.

I have used this kind of layer method here http://www.gwpriester.com/vector-Illustration.html The thumbnail images link to different layers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	102509  

thank you every one I have forwarded your answers to my other half Heather who is doing the designs for her website
    thanks again
    Alistair
    alistair d w barclay

Alister,

Here's a way of doing it using dynamic iframes CLICK HERE

It's an extension of the one used HERE see post #7

Haven't got time to explain further at present but will do so later if you're interested
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host