Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default May 2014 Giveaway -12 textures, and 1 great way to use 'em

May 2014 Giveaway: 12 Textures and a 3D tutorial

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12-tiling-textures-billboard.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	102002

Brace yourself for not just a dozen seamless tiling textures Gary has designed for May. This time 1.) They’re all unearthly—none of this wood and marble stuff. You’ll find them utilitarian for page borders and fills, but also… 2.) Gary has set the Wayback Machine to January 2012’s Tutorial on how to texture a blank 3D object. And this time, Gary has 6 planar 3D shapes you can dress up with this month’s textures, or any texture you like. Definitely read on for the instructions…

Show us what you can do with these textures and shapes!
    Last edited by Gare; 20 May 2014 at 12:23 PM.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com
    IP

Default Re: May 2014 Giveaway -

Gare thanks the fills, well tried something first of all realized that not too much like the mould tool so only scewed the bitmap fills angle, not sure whether that gives the same effect. Also tried to erase some edges in eraser tool.

Relating the animation maybe someone will be inspired I always found that interesting that changing the contone colour of a named bitmap group, after Xara animates the colour transitions

""

ContoneAnim.swf

ContoneAnim.xar
    IP

You are truly into animation, csehz!

Thanks for showing us what can be done with the texstures through the medium of animation!

My Best,

Gary
    IP

Nice work csehz, I stuck to the poly.tut. method for fills. The shapes Gary included in this months giveaway are really good, will try a few more shapes with the new fills.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	102038  
    IP

You're having fun, stygg! Work on your shading a little more; use the Levels brightness box.

Let me know when and if you need more planar primitives. They're a challenge to build!

-g
    IP

This one was pure fun and curiosity-just to see what I could do and not do using this method? There's a mixture of transparencies and colour temp changes so did'nt have to change contone colours. Purely inquisitive drawing as you can see! but good fun And in answer to my own question- it seems you can do anything you want to them.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	102045  
    IP

That is REALLY nice, stygg! Honestly, it's a piece that deserves to be in your gallery. The lighting, the lighting falloff...I'm going to have to build you some more templates you can fill in.

Just remember not to color outside of the lines

Bravo, man!!!

-gt
    IP

Cheers Gary, the lighting the lighting fall off, it's all that I learned in the Xone from various exercises and tuts. from you. It all makes an image so much more interesting.

Stygg
    IP

Name the damned thing, man, and put it in your gallery!

It's seriously good work, and I'm happy that you learned it, and happier still that you learned some of it here!

It makes me feel (selfishly) proud when I see a fellow member excel at design work after reading or watching the stuff here.

My Best,

Gary
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I'm happy that you learned it, and happier still that you learned some of it here!
    Gare sure much more people are growing up on your tutorials than the concrete number of posts show, so you can be just more proud. It is really great coming up with tutorials and tips each month, also giving a forum inside the forum where then those techniques can be tried.

I promised that will remember to your words which you wrote not long ago in your Gare's stuff thread in Art Gallery:
    "I think a truly outstanding personality on tg, or in any forum, is one who isn't afraid to publish stuff they're not very proud of, along side stuff they are extremely pleased with. Because then you get to know the whole story."

Well seeing back my mysterious meteor stones above, first of all the composition is too dark to which I am not proud of too much, but so then I am an outstanding member! Yes that is the full story as you say, learnt something from it and go on to the next, as the road is more important than the destination
    IP