Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Which software can create a high-quality PDF document as company product categories?

Each company has their own product categories, which is put on their main page to be downloaded. It's always in PDF version. They can print that out and send to promising clients.

Some big company has really beautiful categories. And my question is: How they create that? and which software they are using mostly?

For create high quality PDF, the software I know:

1. LaTex language
    2. convert from word processing softwares such as Word or Pages.
    3. Foxit PDF editor

But all above, I think, is not suitable for product categories creation. They are good at articles.

How about Adobe Lightroom? Any one have experience on that? and if you are interested in the same problem, what software are you using?

Thanks.

Default Re: Which software can create a high-quality PDF document as company product categori

Lightroom...go on-line and read what it is and what it does. You are going to find it is not what you want for what you describe.

Xara products likely that would be appropriate range from the most expensive, Xara Designer Pro, to Xara Photo and Graphic Designer.

But if you are asking these types of questions, you have a healthy learning curve in front of you. Any of us can help you once you pick an appropriate piece of software.

Default Re: Which software can create a high-quality PDF document as company product categori

Well, I just heard from one of my friends have mentioned this Lightroom can do this. glad to know it is not the one for the task. I am not adobe fan anyway.

So do you know any Xara softwares can deal with high-quality PDF? The only Xara software I bought is web designer 9 premium. Or any non-xara software recommendations?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Xara Web designer programs don't export to pdf but Designer Pro, Page and Layout Designer and Photo and Graphics Designer all do. Designer Pro is the flagship product and has all the features of the others combined. I would recommend waiting for a few weeks before upgrading though as Xara often comes out with new versions of these products in early to mid summer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks for your suggestions! The Designer Pro probably capable of doing this. I will think about this.. $299 is kinda expensive -- and I have already purchased WD premium, so I am thinking would it be a waste of money because Designer Pro has all function of web designer..

They keep upgrading actually. After I purchased 9 premium, the newer version 10 released. Lucky thing is I am legible for free upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Xara Web designer programs don't export to pdf but Designer Pro, Page and Layout Designer and Photo and Graphics Designer all do. Designer Pro is the flagship product and has all the features of the others combined. I would recommend waiting for a few weeks before upgrading though as Xara often comes out with new versions of these products in early to mid summer.

There are loads of software that can do this job and my advice would be to do a search for DTP programmes. Then you can go through them at your leisure & discount the ones that don't have export of PDF and there is not many that cant do the export. You can go from Corel, Microsoft, Adobe, Quark, all the big players are here, then there are the smaller ones like Xara and Serif, then you can go on to the free ones like Open Office and Office Libre. There are so many programmes that have the capability that you require the two that I think you should give consideration to would be Designer Pro if the PDF contained a lot of, one of graphics, as well as your word docs. The other one would be Serif's Page Plus which has a stronger DTP feel than Xara's as it can handle tables, CSV files with mail & photo merge. It's not only me that like this latter programme as so do most of the computer press, most giving their top recommendations to this software. One negative about Serif's PP you can not download a trial of the software you have to purchase it and if you don't like it your money is returned which s not the case for most of the others as they have a 30 day trials. If your company demands a more highly developed and very large catalogue you might have to bite the bullet and go with the Adobe/Quark route. If it was my choice I would go the whole hog and buy, sorry rent you cant buy it now the Adobe Creative Suite as you get PhotoShop, InDesign (great programme) Illustrator and AcroBat Pro to wrap all your wonderful PDF's up to suit all mediums and devices, another essential programme for very large catalogues.
    Design is thinking made visual.