Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Symbol, Colour and Brush Palettes/Libraries

I have a PC and a Laptop in two different areas of the house/business. I work on cartography on both machines. If I do a brush library or a Symbol library on the PC how do I get it on to the Laptop. I look for the file e.g. George's Brushes or Military Symbols but can't seem to find them. I copied the whole Brush file on the PC, took it to the Laptop but my User Defined Library was not there.

So, how do I get brushes or symbols I use all the time on the PC, on to the Laptop, both have CS5 on them.
    IP

Default Re: Symbol, Colour and Brush Palettes/Libraries

I have got CS2 & CS6 and both have then in different places but since CS6 to CS5 there are hardly any difference I would think there would be in the same place. Having said that there are a few different ways to save them. Have a look in /Users/[you]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS5/en_GB/ or Users/[you]/AppData/Local/Adobe/Illustrator/Symbols
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Default Re: Symbol, Colour and Brush Palettes/Libraries

I was doing a search and found another area for you to look at this time for CS3 : ~userhome/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CS3/Symbols/
    Now I know for a fact you can save these files any where so why don't you have both your palettes open in a doc. for brushes and symbols and then save them to your desktop. You then can transfer them easily to your laptop via USB stick or CD.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP