Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wanna Play?

Default Wanna Play?

Didn't have a plan, just started practicing some sketching and it turned into this.

Wacom tablet was used.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_game_is_rigged_2016.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	112771

Default Re: Wanna Play?

Reminds me of some of the great Saul Bass movie posters way way back when. https://www.google.com/search?q=Saul...iginal+posters

Thanks, I know who you're talking about. Definitely on the nose with the Bass reference, but also a little bit of early Bob Peak, too...

I like it! My only quibble, if you don't mind my saying so, it that maybe the "I" in "Is" could be a little better delineated some way. But anyway, that's a great-looking poster IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonicorn View Post
    I like it! My only quibble, if you don't mind my saying so, it that maybe the "I" in "Is" could be a little better delineated some way. But anyway, that's a great-looking poster IMO.
    You're right. I didn't spend as much time on the type as I probably should have. I'm a little miffed about some issues I ran into trying to combine the top shapes into each other and then into the main red box so it's all just one outlined shape. And that I maybe might read a little better as lowercase but in same position...?