Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why did you release Web Designer 10 when it clearly isn't ready for release?

Egg is not a moderator nor a Xara employee and his remark about Cuckoo land was out of line.
    Okay Frances, nothing in this forum has changed, flaming is acceptable. Goodbye. Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Default Re: Why did you release Web Designer 10 when it clearly isn't ready for release?

Hi Angelize:
    Thank you for the reply. I will be happy to share what I can, out of a zeal to see entrepreneurs thrive universally. Maybe Xara has some well-meaning folks who simply lack control of the cancer within, which I am happy to do my part to help remove.
    I will return soon with answers to your interesting questions.
    IP

Egg is not a moderator nor a Xara employee and his remark about Cuckoo land was out of line.
    I've never pretended to be such Frances. My remark about cloud-cookoo land is valid. Rixar is flaming the forum.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

For publishing (or attempting to do so) in Web Designer 10, I go to:

File --> Publish Website ---> Publish (button).

No change to the hosted website occurs whatsoever, even as Web Designer 10 tells me:

"Publish Complete".

I use Windows 7, have a modern and powerful Dell computer and the hosting provider is http://www.Pair.com (which is prominent). I would prefer not to publicly share the website's address at this point, given the hostility that folks like Egg have already displayed. But Xara is well aware of it, and has not demonstrated much of an earnest desire to get its own software to function for this paying customer. I tried to help the underdog, the overseas newcomer to U.S. search engine advertising for those seeking web software.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rixar View Post
    Hi Angelize:
    Thank you for the reply. I will be happy to share what I can, out of a zeal to see entrepreneurs thrive universally. Maybe Xara has some well-meaning folks who simply lack control of the cancer within, which I am happy to do my part to help remove.
    I will return soon with answers to your interesting questions.
    If web designer has issues uploading the site, use FileZilla. You would need to export the site to disk, configure FZ to connect with your host, but then publishing is quick and painless.

If you have trouble connecting FZ to your host, there are details in the hosting email they would have sent you that are not setup correctly in FZ. And therefore may not be correct in the Xara software you have.

But we wouldn't know without some more details on your part.

I understand your frustration. But unless you are actually conversing with a known Xara employee here, you are only conversing with other users. Egg is a very helpful person. His patience level for tirades is only a little less than mine is. Probably a male thing. Dunno.

But as mentioned early into the first thread you posted to abotu this issue, one does catch more flies with honey. That doesn't mean one needs to be a mat that gets walked upon. But civility is always the best course...and like in most of life, someone has to be first.

Mike
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I wasn't saying you were Egg just correcting assumptions Rixar made in post #5

Everyone in this thread needs to step back and try to get along let's see what information Rixar provides when he comes back and go from there.

Nicely put Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

My webhost (Pair) actually recommended FileZilla, but I think for WordPress. Someone in these forums responded to me that WordPress isn't what I need though, web design-wise. (It wasn't said by that person tongue-in-cheek, ). They mentioned CMS. And yet, my webhost says:

"the Wordpress CMS is by far the most popular for web design. You can find more information on wordpress at https://wordpress.org/. On that site they also have examples of sites created using the Wordpress CMS."

This, only after they invested hours in me this week trying to enable me to keep using Xara's software. Is CMS inferior to web designer software? I'm asking sincerely. The sooner I can finally get the modified website up, the sooner I can try and help the (ailing) business client's other needs.
    IP

Up front, let me say that I do not use my Xara Designer Pro for web sites with the exception of aiding others. In fact, I don't use WYSIWYG web authoring software for anything except quick mock-ups.

FileZilla is independent of any authoring system. Even when I publish web site stuff for helping others on a forum, though everything I use has the ability to upload directly, I still use FZ.

https://filezilla-project.org

CMS software such as WordPress isn't inferior to WYSIWYG software for web site building. I believe it is inferior to other web publishing platforms, but that is as much a preference thing as reality. WordPress, and other such platforms, have a steep learning curve if one wants to actually make the site(s) not look like a cookie-cutter made it. The require a deep understanding of HTML, PHP, etc., in order to customize the look, feel, and actions of the web site.

Mike
    IP

Why all the snippy comments about the UK and England? Very un-attorney like and offensive as well as being ever so slightly off-topic. I hope the moderators will make it clear to you.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64
    IP

No change to the hosted website occurs whatsoever, even as Web Designer 10 tells me:

"Publish Complete".
    I can only state that if this is what you're seeing then the site is being uploaded. However it's being uploaded to the incorrect folder/file and as such will not be visible when you view your site.
    Egg

IP