Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Windows 8.1 Drag and Not

Change is good. Just ask any baby.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartEd View Post
    I work with around 12,000 product images and build digital and paper flyers and booklets. When I was using windows 7 I would search for the images I required and would drag and drop them into Xara. With the changes in windows 8 I am no longer able to do this, I have to navigate to the image location and open it in Xara then move it into my current document, and this is driving me nuts! I would like to run an app that's docked on the right side of the screen (as the search panel does) that will allow me to search for the image I need and drag and drop it into Xara, I have tried a number of explore apps and none of them allow you to drag and drop. This may seem rather minor but I have a large workload and productivity is very important to me.

Anyone got a solution?
    Windows 8.1...Yep, cannot drag and drop.

You can, however, snap the search results to one side and adjust its width. Starting XDP, it "thinks" full screen is to the edge of the desktop to the edge of the search results, see the screen shots. A single-click will open successive XAR files in XDP.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001535.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	102259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001536.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	102260  

You can set your preferences in Windoz to open specific files then use the "charm" search area and then double click to open in Xara. Sorry it's nearly the same as Mikes reply.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Looks like I'm going to have to live with it. I believe MS will shortly be tweaking the way apps run within the Windows 8 environment, maybe they will add some extra functionality.

Sledger gave me a link to a great little utility called Everything search engine which was far superior to Windows Vista search functions. I know Windows 7 & 8 search's have been greatly improved but I never use them and rely on Everything now on my Windows 7 machine. It's drag and drop and Windows8 compatible.

Give it a try. LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, I will definitely check it out.