Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Judi..nice job. I know if you go back to it you'll probably polish even more. Observations> 1- I suggest using transparency.This will allow you to put different areas of tree on different eye level planes. That is, it will give you a more natural look to the tree. Thus, the colors will not all have the same intensity...and this, the eye will accept more readily. It will give more depth to go in and out of the branches etc.Look at the ground around the tree; the point nearest your eye has the same intensity as the point behind the tree. That keeps the image on a flat level plane in our mind's eye. If it had less intense color as it goes back in line perspective,the intensity of the color will inhance the line perspective and it will look more natural to the eye. Being that it is on black backgd would even make it more interesting in it's effect. 2- You said you like 'pastel'(that's pie in Spanish) but didn't like the feel of the 'chalk' in your hands. Remember Xara X has a tremendous 'Create Line' and 'Line Edit' tools. I think there are several types of lines given in the drop down. Select a real 'furry' one and then edit it to look like a pastel line. Or you could have some one take a pastel (black) and run it across some textured paper and then scan it. You could trace that and then save it. Now you can create a line using that saved effect-like pastel. In Edit you can give it the attributes you like...thick/thin/color/spacing/random etc.
    Have a try...

Keep up nice work...God Bless You.
    Bill Clegg

Take a look at what I did with line tool.."Man's Face'..it's in this gallery.

Other pieces> http://netdial.caribe.net/~cleggart
    Also, www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/wrc/index.htm
    Also, various pieces on Xara X C

[This message was edited by William R.Clegg on April 22, 2001 at 01:35 PM.]

I wasn't really trying to make a realistic drawing, Bill. To me the black background stops everything, and the image just sits on top of it. I used the bright accent colors along edges to give it an electrified look.

I will play around with making some sort of a pastel brush, that looks like it is picking up texture from the paper.

Judi..my friend,indeed you were right. I cut
    a chunk out of the that Holland Cheese and who
    pops out...you know who...(check it out).

This is gettin'real cheeeeezy...
    WRC