Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How do I add a search function

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - This is really cool, but, is there any way to get it to search a specific site instead of searching the entire web?

For example, searching for: Acorn site:talkgraphics.com limits the search to just TalkGraphics. Is there some way to modify your script to limit the search?
    Gary, it is limited to your site where you change the domain value: var domain="www.stourpaine.info" //replace this with your site domain.

I assume you are after more than this?
    It is just the same as your example where the domain value would be changed to: var domain="talkgraphics.com" //replace this with your site domain.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Great solution Acorn. Google do their own site search for free but it comes with ads. Your solution is far better as it appears ad free provided of course Google's crawled you site.
    I am hoping that provided Google don't go to the wall or change their search engine API too much, this might run for a few years.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK, done. http://www.placitasartists.com/ Can I change the search box color?

Gary, do you mean the garish yellow?
    If so, it's only a box at the back of the Placeholder.
    The area around the actual Search is transparent.
    Were you wanting the input field to have a colour other than white?

Acorn

Yes the background color for the input box itself. Not sure what garish yellow you are referring to though.

Gary, as a one-off special anniversary edition, here is an updated version:

Javascript - Google Site Search Form.web

The CSS patch red detail can be changed to tune the input box's presentation.

Acorn

This is great information thanks for the thread!
    Last edited by Plam1971; 06 September 2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: text

Thanks once again Egg for all your hard work!

Did you not notice the free version - will do up to 500 pages? Web Designer 10 cannot add a search function

@waldswin Yes, I did notice and comment on the free version. AddSearch. But it does have a limit of 500 pages and the pro bono site I do for my local art community has reached 500 searches and I do not feel like paying $9 a month if it is not necessary.

Acorn - Thanks. You rock.