Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Make a site with two languages english and spanish in xara webdesigner 9 premium

Hi all, Recently buy webdesigner 9 premium but im making a website and need to do in two languajes. Is this posible? if this is posible how to do it please! im really frustrated trying to figure out!

sorry for my dirty english! my main language is spanish

Default Re: Make a site with two languages english and spanish in xara webdesigner 9 premium

Create your file in Spanish and publish it as normal

Using a 3rd party ftp - e.g. filezilla https://filezilla-project.org/ - create a new folder in the same directory at your host and name it "English"

Create your file in English [copy and translate the Spanish one or do it new] and publish it to the "English" folder

Create links at the top of each index page to the other language - e.g. a small English flag on the Spanish page and a small Spanish flag on the English page
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

WD6 Re: Make a site with two languages english and spanish in xara webdesigner 9 premium

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Create your file in Spanish and publish it as normal

Using a 3rd party ftp - e.g. filezilla https://filezilla-project.org/ - create a new folder in the same directory at your host and name it "English"

Create your file in English [copy and translate the Spanish one or do it new] and publish it to the "English" folder

Create links at the top of each index page to the other language - e.g. a small English flag on the Spanish page and a small Spanish flag on the English page
    Thanks man! my only cuestion is how to link the two web sites with the flags!?

Default Re: Make a site with two languages english and spanish in xara webdesigner 9 premium

One flag links to the main site, let's say the Spanish version.

The English flag links to your English folder. If your website is www.lascomidas.com then the link to the English version is www.lascomidas.com/english

Make sure that you publish the English version as a complete website, so the home page is index.htm or index.html and all the files and folders are in the english folder.

OK?

Flags just a suggestion, could be just a text link

Go to Web Properties>>Link>>Link to Web or Email address

For linking from Spanish to English [following the example I laid out above] type in - /English

For linking from English to Spanish type in - ../index.htm [maybe just the two dots will do it as that returns to the main directory]
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Or you could do it Gary's way which is much less complicated

Or you could do it Gary's way which is much less complicated
    Hi, im gone try! ok than so you are telling me that i need to pay twise for two pages and make two difrent domains? sorry im so dumb jejejeje lol!

No just one domain. The second one is a sub-folder in your domain

Thumbs up Re: Make a site with two languages english and spanish in xara webdesigner 9 premium

No just one domain. The second one is a sub-folder in your domain
    Thanks all!! i just did it like you say zaphodeist and works well!!! at first i was confuse because i dont understand where did i get the link adress and is just very simple i take it from the explorer adress bar and just add at the end of my link /spanish and they redirect alone example: the first one in english was www.danload.com/index.htm and the second one in spanish www.danload.com/index.htm/spanish and thats it!! i make 2 websites on xara one in english and the other one in spanish.....and with firezilla i make a subfolder named spanish on the main website folder....than upload the english site on the main one and the spanish website inside on the subfolder "spanish" and i just get the both adress and linked on the flag images on Xara!!!

thanks all!!

You've got the idea! But, the first link should be www.danload.com and the second one should be www.danload.com/spanish ... browsers will recognise index.htm as the first page to go to for each of them. If you really want to put index.htm in the second link [like I say you should not need to] then it would be http://www.danload.com/spanish/index.htm