Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mouse Over / Popup Question

Hi all,

Our web team has conceived of a design we wish to implement in Web Designer Pro, but not sure how to do it. Hoping you can put your heads together to help!

We want to create a type of graphic element nav bar. So we would have a graphic that serves as a button on the mouse off layer. Then when moused over, another graphic is displayed on top of it. We know how to do this with no problem. The next step is that when the button is moused over, we display a panel with text on it. Again not a problem. We have the panel and text on a new layer. Here's the part we don't know how to do. We want the text on the panel to be clickable. How do we do this? Currently, when the button loses focus by not being moused over, the panel and text disappear so we can't click on any of the links. The effect is kind of like having a drop down menu with clickable links. Any ideas?

If the above is confusing, I can post images.

Thanks in advance!
    Mitch

Default Re: Mouse Over / Popup Question

In the mouse over pop-up layer settings, deselect close automatically. that way the pop up will rain until manually closed and so the link on the layer can be used.

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    In the mouse over pop-up layer settings, deselect close automatically. that way the pop up will rain until manually closed and so the link on the layer can be used.
    Thanks so much for the quick response. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks again.

You need to add a third layer MouseDown. Put your text on the MouseDown layer.

Open the attached XAR file and preview the page. Mouse over the star then click the button.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think images would help
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hiya

Whilst on this subject, please could I ask whether there is any way/?tweak to remove the giant X which appears top right corner if you deselect "automatically close pop up". I understand why it might be needed, but it would be nice to choose a different design or not have it at all, because it looks weird if you are trying to make your own navigation panels. Could be I am using the wrong bit of xara. Usually the case!

Thanks.

Ari

My point is that what Derek suggested is appropriate for a pop up layer but not necessary to create a three stage navigation bar.