Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Free Geometric Font.

Hello,

I am new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right section!

I have recently just published my first typeface, Aesthetika.
    It is a typeface design for enquiry that seeks to test the boundaries of function against those of aesthetics. There are two versions of the alphabet, one more decorative than the other.
    (It is an ongoing project; therefore, there are no numbers or punctuation yet).

Please feel free to check it out, leave comments and perhaps download it!

http://www.dafont.com/aesthetika.font

Thank you,
    Ami

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Free Geometric Font.

Hi Ami, Welcome to talkgraphics!

Thanks for sharing with us. I like what you have started here but I think you might want to consider improving the legibility of the font. It's a bit too hard to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I agree with Frances
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks for your feedback Angelize! I understand what you mean but there is kind of a reason for this.

I should have really explained the idea behind my typeface more clearly! I designed this typeface for my final major project for my degree. My dissertation was based on finding if aesthetics was valued more over function, I then applied this to a typeface as they are usually used to communicate which would be functional but instead I have made the characters more of a visual form. I then published this as a font to see if people would accept it for its visual qualities. It would only ever be used for headline text etc not body copy.

From this, I produced a book that gave hints to the Thesis behind the typeface through photography, graphics and type. An example of one page was of a stained glass window as this does not totally function as a window as you can not see it, it is often just used as decoration.

Thanks for sharing your font with us. I think it would be nice to use it as an initial cap or drop cap.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Very attractive design.

Thank you for your feedback Barbara B and gwpriester!

Could anyone tell me if I am able to tag people so they know I have replied to them please?

Thanks,
    Ami