Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Problem Creating Seamless Fills - help needed!

in photo document the anti-aliasing is turned off - you can see that if you insert the default bitmap and zoom in - in a photo document you can see the steps in the stripes in very high quality and high quality as well as full colour views

in other words the vhq/hq is over-ridden in photo document and it is the equivalent of full colour in an ordinary document

I am not convinced there is any difference between photo document and an ordinary document in full colour view, including bitmap copies - I don't see any when I try this

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    in photo document the anti-aliasing is turned off - you can see that if you insert the default bitmap and zoom in - in a photo document you can see the steps in the stripes in very high quality and high quality as well as full colour views

in other words the vhq/hq is over-ridden in photo document and it is the equivalent of full colour in an ordinary document

I am not convinced there is any difference between photo document and an ordinary document in full colour view, including bitmap copies - I don't see any when I try this
    Not understanding what you are saying.

There is a difference between the document types as regards the exporting behavior. In a photo document, making a bitmap copy does not round off the pixels.

Viewing inside a photo document is no different here than a print page.

[2500% zoom]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss views.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	102189

the point is - the photo document exports in whole pixels because the anti-aliasing is off - doesn't the print document do the same thing in full colour view mode?

ditto bitnmap copy?

Still no idea what the point is...sorry for being thick.

Only relevance as regards a bitmap is at 100% of size. And not what it looks like with screen anti-aliasing. Export two bitmap copy versions of the same item, one from a photo document, one from a print document. Now view them in a browser side-by-side at 100%. Or reimport them into either a print or photo document. Zoom in all you want, they are identical.

Mike

I have used the approach Egg refers to with consistent success. For whatever reason, the image tends to pick up a bit of the background on the edge upon export.
    So I create a clone of the image, enlarge it a bit, put in back of the tile I want to export, re-select the forward-most tile and export it.
    Any of the errant edge color will now match the tile perfectly and the image will tile seamlessly.

the sshot is to emphasize the difference - this whole thread is about a visual difference caused by screen anti-aliasing - as I said at post #2 line 4 it would be best to turn it off [in what ever way suits you best]

and if you do that it will export in whole pixels as I understand it from print document as well photo document

when you come to view it, what you see will depend on the anti-alias settings of the browser and the background... so you may not see any difference...

@Andy - yes it's a good method

the sshot is to emphasize the difference - this whole thread is about a visual difference caused by screen anti-aliasing - as I said at post #2 line 4 it would be best to turn it off [in what ever way suits you best]

and if you do that it will export in whole pixels as I understand it from print document as well photo document

when you come to view it, what you see will depend on the anti-alias settings of the browser and the background... so you may not see any difference...
    There's been a lot of advice in this thread of creating seamless tiles that actually abut without artifacts. What I was responding to was the advice of making bitmap copies and using them. Which does not work if the object(s) are in fractional pixels. The bitmap copy will also have fractional pixels regardless of the anti-aliasing setting, regardless of the color setting (which will introduce artifacts anyway).

creating seamless tiles is the context of the discussion yes

it is not a colour setting, it is a view setting - the slider on the top bar, or in the window menu under view quality, just so happens to be called full colour but it does not change the colour depth

PS - it is what we used to use before there was such a thing as a 'photo document', and i still do...

creating seamless tiles is the context of the discussion yes

it is not a colour setting, it is a view setting - the slider on the top bar, or in the window menu under view quality, just so happens to be called full colour but it does not change the colour depth

PS - it is what we used to use before there was such a thing as a 'photo document', and i still do...
    I know which slider and or button to use.

At this point, all I can say is I am happy this process you outline works for you. It doesn't for me.