Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yep... And next MIke will do a tutorial on spinal cord replacement... Uisng the artificial cord he designed last night. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

You blow me away dude... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mike,

Actually it is pretty straight forward... specially following the tutorial, it is the creating new ways of converting ideas from mind to reality that seems to be way to easy for you...

I will practice and learn and come up with more requests for the experts to help solve... and just in case anyone was wondering, my final plan is to put the cube in a web site and make the menu like the rolling dice... still have a lot to work on but it should be fun...

Ernesto,
    I look forward to seeing the results, it sounds like an interesting approach!

I hope it works out OK :-)

Mike

Did allright for starters, but when I copied the first square to 3XD there were no circles (or holes) on the face. I've repeated the process a number of times but still no dots.

Old Joe,
    I suspect that you haven't subtracted the circles from the squares before exporting to Xara3D. I don't know what your experience with XaraX is, you probably already know this, but just in case, to subtract one shape from another, select both shapes, with the circle to the front, and then press Ctrl-2, or use the Edit-Combine Shapes-Subtract Shapes menu selection. To subtract multiple circles from a square, first select all the circles (hold shift and left mouse-click on each circle) and add them together (Ctrl-1), then select the square as well, and subtract the new multi-circle object from it with Ctrl-2.

Then you can export the holey square to X3D.

Hope this helps,

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	subtract.png 
Views:	376 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	5239  

Default Re: Hot to create a multi-text cube...

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    I'm just showing off now. I turned on the shape outlines in the extrusion dialogue, then I had to make the bevel values for each shape differ by one unit to avoid overlap effects. I also used Shift-Ctrl drag to re-orient the die to allow the manual horizontal rotation to show all six sides.

Mike
    Mike, sorry if I sound stupid but that was done in X3D right?

Default Re: Hot to create a multi-text cube...

Yup, certainly was.

Mike

Default Re: How to create a multi-text cube...

Hey guys I'm not getting turning on and off the cursor are you talking about the animation arrow?
    Sorry!

The [a|b] button on the toolbar - (CTRL+E)
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thank you!