Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Control naming of image files when exporting website (Web Designer 10)

Is it possible to control the naming of image files when exporting? At present, when I import an image file into Web Designer 10 which has a meaningful name (e.g. lower-scenic-banner.jpg) the filename becomes something like "492.jpg" when exported as a web-site, though retaining the original filename in the Bitmap Gallery. It would be helpful to retain the original name on export. Thanks, Geoffrey

Default Re: Control naming of image files when exporting website (Web Designer 10)

It is time consuming but it works.

Select an image then click on the yellow name tag icon on the Infobar.

Use this format filename="the name of the image"

Substitute the image title for name of the image.

The image name has to be in quotes, but DO NOT add JPG or PNG or any other file extension.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filename.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	102156  

Default Re: Control naming of image files when exporting website (Web Designer 10)

Many thanks Gary, but you're right about it being time consuming! I wonder why this behaviour is not the default as it seems more intuitive than assigning arbitrary numbers to files.

Your guess is as good as mine.