Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to create a tab-control layout

Can Web Designer create a tab-control-like layout, as seen on this page (http://www.xara.com/us/web-designer/whats-new/)?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xar00.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	102089 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xar01.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	102090

I would like to learn how to:

- load content only appropriate to the tab when clicked
    - make the 'current' tab stand out as done on that page

I'm using Xara Web Designer MX Premium. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: How to create a tab-control layout

Check the Designs Gallery > Page Elements and Widgets and see if you can find a button that is similar. Then select the button and from the Website Properties menu select the Navigation Bar Tool and create a Navigation Bar.

Let us know if you need more steps.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Check the Designs Gallery > Page Elements and Widgets and see if you can find a button that is similar. Then select the button and from the Website Properties menu select the Navigation Bar Tool and create a Navigation Bar.

Let us know if you need more steps.
    How do you get a button in the navigation bar to refresh only a specific portion of a page, as done in the page I listed above? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by yeohray View Post
    How do you get a button in the navigation bar to refresh only a specific portion of a page, as done in the page I listed above? Thanks in advance.
    You could use Layers.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You might also want to consider looking at Likno software...they have a tab builder which (I am guessing) could be inserted using placeholders.

Hi,
    Here is what I think you are after (in simplicity) if not it may jog an idea
    Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Thanks for the hints on using layers. I've also been experimenting with the 'Embed website' widget to mimic the tab control. I create a new web site containing just the tabs as a navigation bar, repeat that navigation bar on all the pages, and on each page, contain text specific to the selected navigation bar item. Then on the main website, I embed the url to this 'new' web site. Any comments on this approach?

Thanks in advance.