Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Failed to read XAR file

I was working on album and when saved it, it showed me massage "failed to read XAR file (Failed to read record 39087 68)"
    Now Web Designer 9 doesn't load my file.
    Anyone knows how to fix it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	271 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	102042

Default Re: Failed to read XAR file

Hi,

Have a look at this forum post and run your file through Expandxar:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...a-corrupt-file

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi,

Have a look at this forum post and run your file through Expandxar:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...a-corrupt-file

Thanks
    Rob
    I read that post, but i don't understand this part:

Change directory to the correct folder, for example cd C:\MyXarFiles (cd is the command to change the directory to the folder (path name) where your corrupt file is languishing.

Run the utility by keying in: expandxar mybadfile.xar output.xar

If an output file is generated (output.xar in the above case) then try loading it into Xtreme, ignoring warnings about unrecognized tags.
    If it loads and you want to keep the recovered data then re-save the document where ever you like. Click here to download the ZIPped archive expander.xar (69K).

Update: This also works with Web Designer .web files by keying in: expandxar mybadfile.web output.web
    I tried to run utility, but it didn't show anything to me. I think I am doing something wrong....

Have you tried looking in your backup folder? In Xara go to File / Open Recent / Then at the bottom of the fly-out is Backups. Click that, it opens Xara's backup folder and you should have a copy of you file in there. It may not be totally up to date but worth a try.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Have you tried looking in your backup folder? In Xara go to File / Open Recent / Then at the bottom of the fly-out is Backups. Click that, it opens Xara's backup folder and you should have a copy of you file in there. It may not be totally up to date but worth a try.
    Everything is there except last page, but that’s fine. Thanks a million!

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hello Rod Could you please guide me about Expandxar i dont understand it yet.

Change directory to the correct folder, for example cd C:\MyXarFiles (cd is the command to change the directory to the folder (path name) where your corrupt file is languishing.

Run the utility by keying in: expandxar mybadfile.xar output.xar
    Run > CMD opens a DOS window with a command prompt. This is what we used before we had Windows.

The command cd (for example C:\>cd) commands the interface to change the directory. C:\ is your main hard drive, and in this case, there is a folder that is named MyXarFiles. So, typing at the C:\ prompt cd c:\MyXarFiles changes from the C:\ root director to the subfolder MyXarFiles.

This assumes you have created a New Folder on your C drive that you have named MyXaraFiles.

When you key in cd C:\MyXarFiles and press Enter (or Return), the prompt changes to C:\ MyXarFiles.

Once you have changed directories/folders then you can enter the command expandxar mybadfile.xar output.xar

Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizwan Butt View Post
    Hello Rod Could you please guide me about Expandxar i dont understand it yet.
    There's a GUI front-end for ExpandXar available here
    http://board.xara-users.info/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=916

And in the end if it you can't get it to work, send your file to us at support and we will see if it can recover your document for you (we will then send them to the developers if we can't open them still).

Thanks
    Rob