Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Wowslider Program not working with Premium 10

Why can't these fixes be issued in the way of an update to the program?

Why can't these fixes be issued in the way of an update to the program?
    As I understand it, they can't because of the changes made to the program for responsive website design.

I have just started to use Xara for my web designs so am a complete noob and still trying to find my way around.
    I have been using Serif Web Plus and several external programs such as WoWSlider etc. so would find it very helpful to have a separate thread as suggested.

Welcome to TalkGraphics MikeMW

For the time being it looks like this is the appropriate folder. But if you run into any other problems, please start a new thread.

Probably because the widgets are 3rd party and the code is created by the 3rd party. Xara just helpfully puts the code into a placeholder for the user, it doesn't create the code.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I am a bit confused. Before I waste hours and/or money, are there any sliders that WILL work in Xara 10? If so which ones and what should be done to make them work? If someone can summarize this I think it would be helpful.

Hi richinri,

I think that question was answered , please refer to post #6 in this thread, you have to edit the html code and WOWslider will work. Can't answer about any other companies sliders.

I can not believe it, I want to scream.

IT WORKS!

Galleries, Galleries, Galleries.

You want to know something funny. There is always something funny.

Did not even need code mods. The insertion method is a bit different having to open the html and dig it out with copy and paste, BUT.

It works. Full screen gallery.

Actually it was said Wowslider SHOULD work but the response was that the instructions given for the Nivo slider worked. Another seemed to indicate that sliders don't work with 10 variants at all. So I am trying to sort it all out because this is one of those issues that will keep coming up and be scattered all over the place. So a simple list of "this is the slider I use that works in v10 with (or without variants if necessary) and this is how I got it to work." It could then be put as a sticky.

It's a bit confusing, we have just loaded a test site up to our server and can confirm it's working.

WOW Slider looks pretty good too.

This was done with NO code modification. Straight from slider output files into the placeholder.

Excellent.