Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I create Plastic text effect in CS6 ?

Hello everyone, I am a new Photoshop user.
    I was trying this new effect following the tutorial but couldnt get through.

How do I do this effect in Photoshop CS6?
    This was done in Photoshop old version, I need instructions for new CS6

http://www.phong.com/tutorials/eplastic/

http://www.phong.com/tutorials/eplastic/g-plastic.jpg

Thanks for your help.
    IP

Default Re: How do I create Plastic text effect in CS6 ?

I am no expert but I do not know of any reason the steps won't work for you. I think everything in the older versions are still in the new versions. Sometimes I have to do tutorials several time to get the look of the tutor. Sometimes I missed a simple step sometimes I never figured out why the first attempts failed. That is an advanced tut so it might take a few trys to get every step just right.
    Richard
    IP

Well thanks Richard, I tried quite a few times but I am stuck after point 4... as you said the tutorials is advanced and I am unable to fathom how to go about it...
    IP

Holding down CTRL in the Layers palette puts a new layer below. Then with the same layer selected use the filter menu and select blur then go out to Gaussian Blur. In the resulting window choose 16 pixels then do the same again another 3 times reducing the value by half each time. Still with the same layer selected use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+I", clear the layer by hitting the Del key, and finally Deselect the layer.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP