Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: May 2014 Giveaway -12 textures, and 1 great way to use 'em

Yes there have to be amazing graphicians who think out these logos to the big events.

For example if someone remembers the logo of the 2014 Winter Olympics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sochi.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	102336

Sochi.xar

That was so cleverly designed by assuming russian graphicians - playing with the name of the city Sochi and the 2014 in a robust font, also associating maybe to the robust Russia so to the country, plus 'hi' and '14' were mirrored so referring to the ice, to the winter, moreover also the 'so' with '14'. I do not have that version but it was so brilliant that they did the same in cyrillic writing. So in a simple logo they put everything and applied the same logic to two different writing systems. Plus in one putting the domain so where to find on the internet, the olympic circles of course and the .ru extension straightly in which country the event is.

Sorry for going slightly off, but they really deserve to be mentioned and appreciated
    IP

Could'nt agree more with you csehz, that logo is great and way they used clipview for the gold section is pretty neat, I could not have worked that out let alone think it up.

Stygg
    IP

Relating this clipview that was already my try, I needed the logo for a XU challenge so traced/translated to Xara, however finally dropped the gold medal idea so just this attached state stayed. There were so lot of tricky graphics in the 2014 Sochi gold medal that it was too hard for me. But as I recall Rik also posted Sochi medals on TG
    IP