Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Need a great visual for presenting client pics in printed signage

Hi Xara Folks,
    I've been an Xara user for evs but am not a graphic designer ... event designer instead. I use the software to create signage and event art-work a couple dz times a year.

Current project requires about 20 staff photos (of their kids) to be displayed on 8' illuminated bar fronts. I usually get my work printed on vivac or pet-g and usually is back lit.

Had an idea to insert these images into a film strip style template (that I hoped not to have to create myself), ideally curvy (like a movie-film un-ravelled) through a 3' high by 8' area (finished size).

I'm lost about how to find something like this on Xara, if it exists in a template form.

I'm also ok about doing something completely different like inside bubbles or .....???

Wondering if someone can direct as to where to go to proceed.

Thanks for your consideration in my dilemma, in advance.

ps. I have more details about the theme if anyone thinks that knowing that, would help with suggestions.

Cheers,
    shannon

Default Re: Need a great visual for presenting client pics in printed signage

Here is a start maybe...you could copy the idea or expand on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Here is a start maybe...you could copy the idea or expand on it.
    Hi Scotty,
    thank you for the quick response... opened the attachment in Xara but just got a blank page with a 'sand' coloured background. Pretty basic skill-set here, so obviously I'm missing something ...
    thanks,
    shannon

Here's output from a site I just found that does more or less what I'd like but is obviously limited re file size/format as well as lacking customization to pic placement and aspect ratio, which for me, which would be best 1:2 for 4 x 8...

This was created using online http://funny.pho.to/3d_filmstrip

thanks,
    Shannon

(hope I attached correctly..!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filmstrip.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	101997

Hi,
    It's on layer 4 ( think) click the eye and make it visible. These are vector drawings so can be resized, just create a rectangle and place behind each frame in the filmstrip.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

I agreed what is said above!
    Me also looking forward quality stuff. I see not a bad stuff. Sorry to say, me required something unique visual in this regard. One of my friend suggest me one spot (this is knows as LED Signs Melbourne) in this regard. I visited, contains nice stuff. What is you people opinion about it...??? Your quick response really valuable for me.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 07 June 2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Link removed by moderator. See next post for explanation

Jesse245

I have removed your link to LED Signs Melbourne. Commercial links are not permitted for new users and I do not see that the site you have linked to is relevant to this discussion.

I know that English is not your first language and I hope you understand my point.

To get back to Shannon's question she might have it solved but there are 2 film strip brushes over on the Resources section that may have helped her: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...lm-Strip-Brush
    and
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...068-Film-Strip

It is a good placed to go if you get stuck as well as going to the Xone.
    Design is thinking made visual.