Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie Q: Xara and database

Hi,
    I've discovered Xara Web Designer 10 and love its simplicity of use. I came across Xara whilst looking for an easy to use Web Page Design Tool as I don't know much HTML code.
    I wanted to use Xara to design a basic page, then use the HTML code as a template in a database program I have to show the page with data from the database. The database program uses programs to generate the required data and then creates its own web pages based on templates I have created, so I was just going to use the Xara page as the template. Problem is I have to manually change the HTML code to point to the place where I store all the css and js files etc.
    Is there a better way? I'd prefer just to call out to the database program from a Xara web page to specify the data I want, then have the database spit it back to Xara for display. The data is unique for each logged in user.
    Any suggestions?
    Cheers,
    Walter

Default Re: Newbie Q: Xara and database

From the sounds of it, you might get away with embedding the database files within an IFRAME using the Embed a Website Widget.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acron...but where do I find this Widget? I'm only using the Trial version and I can't located the Embed a Website Widget...
    Cheers,
    Walter

EDIT: Ignore this response...I found it once I found the "Find" function. Turns out I can't try it out as it's not available for the trial version. Not much good to me unfortunately. I'm not going to fork out cash for something I don't know will work or not...(even though your idea sounds plausible)

Thanks Acorn. I can't use the Embed Widget. Any chance you could do a quick test if I give you the link to our server program to run?
    Cheers,
    Walter

In the design gallery, Under page elements & widgets then other widgets.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365