Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Reconfigure mouse button for panning?

ok - your hardware configuration is different to mine - I have an HP laptop with synaptics touch pad and the system is set to automatically disable touchpad when mouse is connected

space is what I used before I had a three wheel mouse

Hi Feklee,

I have a thinkpad X61 tablet/laptop with the TrackPoint. To get the same effect as holding the spacebar to switch to the "panning hand" instead of the scroll, you need to put it in smooth mode instead of standard. To get there, go to control panel...mouse...trackpoint tab...in the scrolling section, choose scrolling, then click the settings button in that section, then from the scrolling type, select smooth - click OK, then make sure to apply and then see that Xara will allow you to hold the middle button and move the "eraser/nub thingy" while holding it and it should allow you to pan around the document rather than going to scroll mode.

This will also change the way the scroll icon looks in other applications, like websites, but I think it behaves much more like the mouse wheel button on a mouse would.

Does that address your issue?

Quote Originally Posted by slavelle View Post
    from the scrolling type, select smooth
    Awesome, this works!

This will also change the way the scroll icon looks in other applications, like websites
    I set up all of the TouchPad for scrolling. So I don't need to have that functionality on the TrackPoint.