Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Question Reconfigure mouse button for panning?

After upgrading my ThinkPad and migrating from XP to 7, I can no longer pan with the middle mouse button. When I click the middle mouse button the cursor turns into a hand, but when I then touch the TrackPoint it just doesn't move. In another application I have a similar issue with the middle mouse button. So this seems to be a driver issue: Clicking plus moving doesn't work.

Can I reconfigure Xara to allow panning with, for example, Shift + right mouse button?

Default Re: Reconfigure mouse button for panning?

if you press alt+x you should be able to use the push[pan] tool with the left mouse key and it will revert back when you release the keys

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you press alt+x you should be able to use the push[pan] tool with the left mouse key
    Thanks. I realized that hitting space has the same effect.

and it will revert back when you release the keys
    Not for me. But if I hit space after finishing panning, then I get back to the tool that I was using before.

Hm, maybe I'll get used to that behavior. At the moment it still feels slower than just pressing the middle mouse button.

it should revert when you release, whether using space or ctrl+x, AFAIK - though I have made some customisations to my key settings - if you have pro version and you look in key customisation 'toggle to push tool' is the command in question [there is also a 'toggle push' but that appears to be something different]

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if you have pro version
    Yes. I use Xtreme Pro 5.1 and the X9 Pro trial (one day left), and I plan to update to X10 once it is released.

'toggle to push tool' is the command in question
    It's assigned to space and to Alt + a. It doesn't toggle back automatically.

have you disabled the touchpad? - if not you could try that and see if the mouse/keyboard then work as expected - it could well be a driver problem...