Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Funny form goings on

Hi just finishing off a site www.cradleymart.com a local buy and sell site. I have set up a form for people to send in their adverts for things to sell/trade etc. I have the form in an I frame and it shows ok in the preview in WD7 but when uploaded it does not appear. I have uploaded the file with the form.php file to the same directory as the index file as I have one many times before but nothing. Any ideas anyone?

Ken

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen_capture_1.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	101895Click image for larger version. 

Name:	on_local_computer.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	101896Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placeholder.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	101897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	website.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	101898
    Last edited by mentorman; 05 May 2014 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spacing

Default Re: Funny form goings on

I have no idea, Ken. But does your ISP support .php files? Maybe this is a stupid question on my part. Maybe they all do. But that would be my question.

You might also contact your ISP and see if they have any suggestions.

Thanks for another quick answer from over the pond.Yep fully supported. I have checked out every angle I can think of before posting in final desperation. I have used the same form system on all of my sites with much success but this one seems to allude me. I cannot see any reason why it appears in the preview and also when constructing but not online. I have cleared out the site from my hosting account and re-loaded it making sure the form file is loaded correctly but it still doesn't appear. I ain't got that much hair that will stand more being pulled out. Don't you just love technology. We should have stuck with William Caxton but I am sure he sometimes couldn't understand where the odd letter disappeared to as well.

Regards

Ken

Ken

You might want to submit a ticket to Xara Support. There have been some issues with scripts and all that were created when then software are updated to create Supersites and Responsive sites. This might be the problem.

Hey Ken, shows ok here, win 7-64, IE11. Except for the Local Group/Business pages which gives a page not found error. (Closed IE and deleted everything in options?)
    Donald

Hi Donald, your right and as I use chrome it seems that it is the browser that is the problem. Forgot that the viewing is done in IE on the xara preview and didn't preview in the other browsers.(naughty me).

I am at this moment doing the form for the business input and have held back in case the problem was with the production of the form.

Thanks Guys

Ken

Cracked it !!!!!!!!!!! Seems that google's ad blocker sees the form as an advert and ...well blocks it!. Turned off ad blocker and the form appeared ok in chrome.

Silly overkill by chrome. Any code crackers know how I can run ad blocker and I frame forms in harmony. Must be an update as it has never happened to my other forms before.

Ken