Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Default Re: Glory Daze

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Duke View Post
    I had the album, but foolishly gave it away.
    I loved the butterfly’s coming to life, the heart beat, the squeaking wings, etc.
    Iron Butterfly, Cream were a couple of my favs! (Sunshine of Your Love!)
    If it weren't for the fact that mp3s don't wear out like vinyl, I would have gone through about 12 copies of Derek and the Dominoes' Layla!

Name:  Guy-falling-right.gif
Views: 211
Size:  7.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    If it weren't for the fact that mp3s don't wear out like vinyl, I would have gone through about 12 copies of Derek and the Dominoes' Layla!

Name:  Guy-falling-right.gif
Views: 211
Size:  7.3 KB
    My "all time favorite tune!", surprisingly is...

"Twelve O'clock Rock" by Bill Haley and the Comets.

It just puts me in a very upbeat mood! (Nostalgic!)
    BTW, that was the ONLY song of theirs that I liked.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

My favorite is Peace Pipe by the Shadows.
    When I was in the Philippines, a group played that song and they did such a good job that I started requesting it. Got so that every time I went into that bar the band would automatically start playing it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: An Obvious idea :^)

Mostly Photoshop, but Xara isd the only software I use for text.

Attachment 115828

Attachment 115825
    Love that Gare, I know several people that should have that shirt, fortunately I am not one.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Words to the Wise

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Larry, that was me. Mike...

Yes, I logged up there in Idaho from 1977 to 1989, when I started writing and illustrating technical manuals. A definite switch in livelihoods.
    Why so it was, sorry Mike. After rereading this I picture you as a burly guy with bulging muscles, especially your arms.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Default Re: Words to the Wise

I uploaded a vector XAR file of Guy Fawkes yesterday. Stay tuned there for more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anonymous.gif 
Views:	85 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	121565

Bouton is giving away some (Bouton) art on the ClipArt area

Name:  Stormtrooper01.gif
Views: 170
Size:  6.5 KB

Actually, the guitarist came up with the name. "Strombecker" based on that toy racing car set (!), and "Lighthouse" because it sounded cool. We almost became Strombecker Dumptruck, Gary confided to me.

We had two "hits", the local variety. I don't know how much airplay we got, but I do know that the local DJ banned us from airplay because Gary had said something unflattering about "George in the A.M." someplace very public. So the band had to change our name for about a year to "Stinkfoot"—based on a name for stinky feet" in a TV commercial at the time.

The whole thing is a fond memory most of the time. And, no we were totally unrelated to Lighthouse and Edison Lighthouse, the fellows who had the hit "Love Grows where my Rosemary Goes". But our lead signer Pat had a sister, Rosemary.

Attachment 115923

So I'm still playing, except the songs now are about prune juice, Rogaine® and liver spots.

Because I owe it to the loving memory of Frank Zappa.

-g
    I hear that Gare.
    As for the photo, man oh man look at all that hair.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Default Re: A poster done the long way around :)

Wanting some anatomical accuracy here, I used Poser to model the hands, modeled the keyboard and then used the Poster Live Effect filter to get a handle on where to draw what.

Attachment 112044

So I cheated, right?

My Best,

Attachment 112045
    Naw, whatever it takes to get the job done. When I was in art school that is what we were taught.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Me three, Gare. I like seeing your work.

I should visit this thread more often than I do, just to stay current with the chat, but I like to save my visits and then splurge the unseen stuff all at once...it's like a huge sugar rush, I guess.
    As much as the main pieces in each of Gare's posts, it's the little throwaway pieces that give me pleasure to see. I tried drawing Gare's 'Have a Day' smiley to see if I could come close, but the fills and transparencies were too difficult for me to replicate even closely. Even what appear to be throwaway pieces are as skillfully drawn as the major stuff Gare posts. I suppose I should expect nothing less from him. It's all just so good. I attach just a few of the little guys to explain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	throway stuff.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	121590  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.