Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Default Cartoon Duck

This began as an attempt to draw one of those iconic plastic ducks...and then I realized I needed to flesh out the non-idea a little more!

Live effects for the reflection, and a Bleach mode photographed cloud in the sky.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cartoon-duck.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	101991

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: Cartoon Duck

Just ducky, Gare.

Default Deepresent

Hah! Thank you, Gray.

Between the Xara Xone and other stuff, I don't seem to have the time I want and need t just create illustrations in Xara, end of story, no ulterior use for what I've drawn. For example, I needed to replace a 3D piece in a modeling program that was too coarse. I brought a couple screen caps into Xara, exported them to Illustrator format, and I had a perfect picture in minutes.

There is no modeling program that has spline tools that can be used faster than Xara's.

Name:	deep present.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	102000

-g
    Last edited by Gare; 15 May 2014 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    This began as an attempt to draw one of those iconic plastic ducks...and then I realized I needed to flesh out the non-idea a little more!

Live effects for the reflection, and a Bleach mode photographed cloud in the sky.

Name:	cartoon-duck.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	101991

My Best,

Gary
    Made an attempt to re-create your duck drawing Gary, all Xara, also included G.P's duck drawing I did in 2011, getting a nice duck collection going Just added a couple of tail feathers.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duck 2.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	102016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Duck 1.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	102015  

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Made an attempt to re-create your duck drawing Gary, all Xara, also included G.P's duck drawing I did in 2011, getting a nice duck collection going Just added a couple of tail feathers.

Stygg
    I like the second image best myself. I think it would be cool to do this one whowing as a background the inside of an old fashioned bathtub partly filled with water and the rubber ducky floating in that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Nice work, Stygg! I'm glad I prompted someone else to honor The Bathtub Buddy.

Actually, I wasn't thinking of the classic plastic duck at all when I did the drawing. I collect toys and illustrate them, and my non-bathtub duck is about 2" tall and more or less looks like as drawn, with a little more "character" added to him.

Honored,
    Gary

We can't afford rubber ducks so we have to use plastic chickens
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ugly duckling.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	102046  
    Last edited by masque; 19 May 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Derek—

Your wind-up plastic chicken is not new, and when I first saw it in your gallery, I said, "Damn! That's good!", and I own an extensive collection of wind-up toys.

You inspired me to try my hand at a toy chicken, it's clearly a different toy, but man, I wouldn't have even tried drawing it were it not for your illustration.

Name:	plastichicken.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	102050

Thanks!

Name:	android-and-pocket-toy-droid.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	102049

(Another toy I'de like to illustrate someday. Not the OS, the guy behind him.)

My Best,
    Gary

Good chicken. I can't say I'm an aficionado of wind-up toys but your plastic chicken does look good.
    I wait with anticipation to see your illustration of the robot.
    Derek

This is all great stuff everyone. It doesn't inspire me to post the stuff I've been doing [a bit more simplistic]... but I will just not on this thread so you can't compare.

I love this section of the Forum because it really does inspire me and prove to me you can do anything with Xara if you really are brave enough to experiment and not be frightened of failing.

I'm okay at traditional drawing and painting but translating that 'ability' [I use the term loosely] to creating in Xara is not as easy as you would expect.

It's all great fun and makes sure my early retirement [by choice] is anything but boring as everyone predicted it would be for me.

Cheers to one and all
    David