Hi Gary you stated when you went to High School that you had to unlearn things! I found it different as I knew how to get action into my drawings from my copying days, maybe action is the wrong word, as I knew that figures didn't stand upright when walking or when pushed they moved to counteract the applied force and things like that. I was pushed to do more than a plain and simple life drawing at school as I was asked to do my parents at work or at home doing just the average things. No "still life's", thank goodness, but trains, boats and planes and no 2D planes but proper 3D views which I galloped up. Now that's what I called good teaching and I so enjoyed that time.

It is really a sad thing to say but in my loft I still have loads of drawings that I did at that time. What's even sadder that I still have the DC comics and about 30 odd old annuals from the early 60's. I like the "Smirks" as they are well drawn and it would have been easy to give them all different & special characters, some not having shades etc, but all still having the same overall shape. Good one and thanks for showing.