Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Maintaing color choices in xara

I have been using Zara designer xv8 for two years and I keep having a on going problem that happens intermitenly: What can I do to prevent Zara going from my chosen color to black. I use red colors in my designs and on occasion they will revert to black and I can't seem to get them to go back to the colors I assigned, I am assuming that i am inadvertantly pressing some button that i shouldn't, but I don;t know what I'm doing wrong, any body have a similar problem and or solution. Tks

Default Re: Maintaing color choices in xara

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I wonder if you have accidentally changed the default.

If you click on a fill or outline color with nothing selected, this color becomes the default for the time the document is open.

Look in the lower left corner of the Xara window and there is small square. This shows the default fill and outline colors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	default.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	101805  

Does it only happen when you change either the fill or line colors on your design?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes

Elfriend, that sounds like normal behavior to me. Even if you have a saved template with the colors you want to use, as soon as you change the fill (texture or color) or line color or transparency it stays in the clipboard as long as the program is running. I may have missed something but I found no way to turn that behavior off, not in options nor with XaReg. Sometimes this behavior can be a nuisance and sometimes a blessing. I'm certain that if someone here knows a way of defeating that property they will pop in and let us know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Could it to be with this option? Can't remember whether it's available in v8

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gnomra.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	101899
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

it is in version 8