Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default An error occurred while writing to the file. Message in PSP xi

I previously had PSPXI installed on a Win XP desktop. When importing files from a camera, I never had any problems. I just bought a Win 7 desktop and installed PSPXI on it. I have been using it and everything works fine. However, when importing files from my same camera, I see the pics, choose them, but when I click "Import" I get the error message. There is not explanation and all I can do is click OK, and the message boxes closes and nothing is imported. Can anyone tell me what the solution to the problem is? Thanks
    IP

Default Re: An error occurred while writing to the file. Message in PSP xi

I always take the card out and use a card reader as I find the connecting the camera to the computer, switching on etc etc a bit of a pain.

Have just tried it (I use PSPX6) to see if I get the same as you.

File>Import from Scanner or Camera>the screen showing the image, but then get an error message that the file type is not supported. I shoot in RAW which should automatically open the RAW converter.
    No luck with that.

I will stick with using the card reader :-)

Try asking the question in the Corel User to User Web Board:
    http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewforum.php?f=56

Not a lot of people look at this forum.

Grenou
    IP

Default Re: An error occurred while writing to the file. Message in PSP xi

Thanks Grenou. I can see the camera in Exlorer and can take the pics out that way and put them in a folder, but it is one extra step. I have a Kodak Z712 IS with the docking station and it is so nice and easy to just set it on the dock and push a button.
    The process works on my other Win 7 PC but that is running PSP X6. It had always worked with XI prior but doesn't now. I'll visit that other forum.
    Barry
    IP