Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

video Minimalist Film Poster - April 2014

With so many other challenges this Easter past, apologies (or relief) for the late entry for this month's (barely) Minimalist Film Poster challenge.

The metal gauntlet is thrown down this month for "The Man in the Iron Mask".
    Not Iron Man, The Mask, The Man of Steel, V for Vendetta, The Man with Iron Fists, Darth Vader or even Red Dwarf's Kryten.

So you have a genuine challenge to make your Poster stand out from the other competition.

Yours should still "sell" the movie to passers-by and needs to be portrait format suitable to be seen from a distance.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Minimalist Film Poster - April 2014

Ha! I think I nailed this one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iron-mask.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	101787  

Pretty cool Gary. I like it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I've never posted on the minimalist posters as I have never used xara for graphics, but I thought I would today, I took a idea that we now have a new man in an iron mask.

Apologies for the crude drawing but it's the first time I've use webdesigner to create something like a drawing and I've done this during a quick break.

PS I know it was not the iron man, but I couldn't resist - sorry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAN IN IRON MASK.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	101800
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I should really stick to the OP, so did another one in keeping with that, again apologies for the roughness.

Name:	man in the iron mask.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	101801
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

No need to apologize Sketch. These are really terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Pretty cool Gary. I like it.
    Not cool, steamin'

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    I've never posted on the minimalist posters as I have never used xara for graphics, but I thought I would today, I took a idea that we now have a new man in an iron mask.

Apologies for the crude drawing but it's the first time I've use webdesigner to create something like a drawing and I've done this during a quick break.

PS I know it was not the iron man, but I couldn't resist - sorry.

Name:	MAN IN IRON MASK.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	101800
    Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    I should really stick to the OP, so did another one in keeping with that, again apologies for the roughness.

Name:	man in the iron mask.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	101801
    skech, I prefer the second over the first; a blend of Polynesia meets Sutton Hoo.

Acorn

Hullo Everyone,

To take a break from messing up website SEO and not being able to figure out a simple Web Designer 10 problem I thought I'd have a go at this one.

I tried to show what the film is about by the viewer just looking at the image - no words.

Here are two versions of my image - personally I think less is more on these but I leave that up to you good ladies and gentlemen.

Cheers
    David

Name:	themanintheironmask.png 
Views:	351 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	101833 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	themanintheironmask2.png 
Views:	335 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	101834

Got stuck with Sutton Hoo so here is my pastiche of Dumas and Sutton Hoo with a tribute to Dr Who.

Name:	Sutton Who.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	101835

Acorn