Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Compound path to regular paths question

Hi all,

I am a beginner in AI, please bear with me. As you can see letter "O" in the attached AI file is a compound object. when I release the compound object the inner hole merges with the surrounding.
    I would like to convert it so that that they are separate paths in layers but inner hole is deleted so it looks like "O".

Thank you very much
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: ai 1.ai (29.4 KB, 179 views)
    IP

Default Re: Compound path to regular paths question

Quote Originally Posted by mega128 View Post
    Hi all,

I am a beginner in AI, please bear with me. As you can see letter "O" in the attached AI file is a compound object. when I release the compound object the inner hole merges with the surrounding.
    I would like to convert it so that that they are separate paths in layers but inner hole is deleted so it looks like "O".

Thank you very much
    If you want to be able to have anything behind the "O" show in the "hole" then you have to have a compound path. If you do not need the center to be "hollow" then you can simply release the compound path and choose white or another color for the center portion.

Mike
    IP

Default Re: Compound path to regular paths question

As Mike has said just release the compound path and give it a white fill with no stroke and your on your way. Have moved the inner shape into a new layer and given it a white colour for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: ai 1.ai (30.3 KB, 169 views)
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP