Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up Dynamic Web Pages in Web Designer 10?

Greeting to all, this is my first post here.

This new version certainly looks like a great release, super job out of the gate!

So I'm a casual user, novice at best, coming off of FrontPage and a program out of Canada that hasn't had a new release in several years. I've done a lot of research the last two years including trials, looking at user manuals, forums and reviews. I visit this forum and a couple others 2-3 times a week or more. I really don't have any legacy sites to convert so I don't feel tied to any program and still looking.

I'm not sure about the "responsive, supersite and scale to fit" feature capabilities and have a question.
    Is it be possible to create pages that would fit to any size screen and be a normal site of a few to a 100 or more pages? Everything would be in a single frame or grid within a frame. All the objects (text, nav. bar, menus, images, etc.) would decrease or increase in size proportionally as the screen changed.

Thanks a lot!
    Kind regards to all of you and your families.
    Donald

Default Re: Dynamic Web Pages in Web Designer 10?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You seem to be coming at this from a scholarly point of view instead of a practical one. What is it exactly that you want to create?

A "normal" type website where the pages fit the full width of any screen, not just the background, header and footer. So a 150 x 300 image on a 20" screen becomes a 75 x 150 image on a 10" screen. (Toggle the Restore Down button at the top right in IE, grab a corner and push-pull, everything just becomes smaller or larger. No brake points, restacking or combining.) Also called a liquid site by some.

Thanks Gary
    Donald

Well you could use the Scale to Fit Page option. To do this however, keep your page square or not as deep as wide.

Here's a quick example http://gwpriester.com/scale-to-fit/#xl_xr_page_index

Resize the browser window and the page scales to the window size.

Hi Gary, your example scales perfect on my desktop, but when I test it on a mobile(galaxy s2) it fits in portrait but not in landscape.

Hi Gary, your example scales perfect on my desktop, but when I test it on a mobile(galaxy s2) it fits in portrait but not in landscape.
    A feature perhaps.

Thanks for your help Gary and the sample pages with the new features.

Would have been much better had I looked at the release notes first, sorry.

Still processing how all the new features could or may fit and work together.
    Certainly worth a try as time permits and very possible purchase in the future.

Is the $100 USD the set purchase price or will it go up after a short introductive period?
    (By the way, which is very, very reasonable.)

Thanks Again!
    Donald

I don't think that is an introductory price. If you wait about 350 days it should go down some though.

My recommendation is still a variant site for mobile so you get a site that is slimmed down and optimized for a small screen and smaller bandwidth.