Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A good typography lesson for Graphics People

Very nice and useful lesson especially for us who are strong on graphics but not-so-strong on typography:

Typekit Practice

It's worth a look, promise.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 21 April 2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: I can spell but I can't type

Default Re: A good typography lesson for Graphics People

It was well worth a look Gary, book marked the page for further guides on shades and shadows. Made an attempt at my own ice cream shade and shadow, got a lot to learn in this area Any chance the Xone will be featuring such techniques?

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	101674  

Default Re: A good typography lesson for Graphics People

I think I could do a tutorial on shadows because they are an integral part of "tying your work to the ground", it stops stuff from looking as though it's floating, shadows are anchors and they come in a lot of different varieties.

Should I do a tutorial on shadows, it would probably mostly consist of perspective and appropriateness. This "feathered edge" soft shadow stuff has gone way viral and lead people to think that all illustrations' light source is a softbox in a studio, and all surfaces are rough so edges of shadows aren't crisp.

But you go outdoors on a sunny day, and what do you see? Sharp shadows everywhere.

Yeah, it's a definite possibility.

-g