Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Save PDF settings in XAR document

It would be helpful to save the PDF settings in the XAR document. These settings change from project to project and it is not always easy to remember what particular settings were used for each project.

Xara automatically uses your last PDF export settings. So if you are exporting a book and your last project was a newsletter, you have to reconfigure your settings.

Default Re: Save PDF settings in XAR document

+1 to this.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

+1

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It would be helpful to save the PDF settings in the XAR document. These settings change from project to project and it is not always easy to remember what particular settings were used for each project.

Xara automatically uses your last PDF export settings. So if you are exporting a book and your last project was a newsletter, you have to reconfigure your settings.
    I believe that being able to save PDF presets—the choice of which are also saved with the document— resolves this better.

Else I need to open a previous project with settings I think I want to use, visit each tab of the PDF dialog one by one, cancel, switch to the new document, go to make a PDF and alter the settings, cancel, etc., etc., through a few tabs until I believe I have the settings the same.

Presets I can save with a name of my choosing and reuse for like documents that are then saved with the document would be like every other professional application.

So then Mike, this is a -1?

I would think Gary that most members would really welcome the ability to save their own default settings rather than presets that are really out of date. If you use "Custom" Xara always wants to use its own preset rather than the one that you used last. Surely it must be simple to make your last custom preset the default. Me +1
    Design is thinking made visual.

Maybe instead of "presets" we could call them "profiles". So you could create profiles for different types of documents. That would be useful.

However, I'd still prefer to have the settings saved with the document. That can get in the way on occasion (no solution is perfect for all situations), but I find it more helpful in the long run since any document could require customized settings for one reason or another.

"Last used" is also helpful when you have to run the same document or type of document several times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    So then Mike, this is a -1?
    Only being able to save a preset for the current document? Yep, a -1

Being able to create presets that can be chosen via the drop down, and the chosen one saved with the document? +1