Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: April 2014 Tips and Tricks - Playing With Fire (In a Fun, Harmless way) with Xara

how do you open this

Default Re: April 2014 Tips and Tricks - Playing With Fire (In a Fun, Harmless way) with Xara

Hi darylllyn and welcome to the Xara Xone thread of TalkGraphics!

Erm, "how do you open this", I'm sorry to say, is fairly vague. I see by your profile that you do not use any Xara software, so if you're trying to open Xara-specific content, you're climbing up the wrong tree.

If "this" refers to something else, can you elaborate? For example, "How do I open a can or sardines?" is an easy one because the sentence uses a noun, and the key to the sardine problem is a key.

Explain a little more, please?

Thanks,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Terriific, better be careful putting the flame image below the image of the candle though cause the way it is now you might just catch the candle image on fire.
    Thanks for your kind comments, Larry.

Joking aside. I tried and I tried to make the Candle be after the flame image.
    No matter what I tried, the candle always ended up being first.
    So, if you know how, I would love to know.

I think it's to do with the image size.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

what I do is insert them all using the 'Insert Inline' option - even then it is often necessary to cut and paste the bb code into the right place/order in the text - but it usually works

Maybe you got your answer Rik. Handrawn to the rescue.

EDIT: If his answer doesn't work then we have no choice but to get you know who after him.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

excellent candle Rik, but I would expect nothing less

thanks for the tutorial Bob

just in case Larry releases the beast maybe I had better make myself scarce....

No don't do that handrawn, you are too helpful. I'ii try to be good, promise.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi all

I would like to create a flickering fire effect for a log burner site - Csehz, I was wondering if you would mind explaining how you created the 'wave' effect you produced please?

Hi,

As I recall this attached was the final .xar file so you can analyse in details, basically after creating Bob's fire color pattern, entered the text and substracted it from two a black and white rectangle to creating a 'text hole', and behind of that the fire wave is moving

Fire_animation4.xar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	on_fire.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	102058

Sure could be also named that wave pattern and make it fluid, playing with the display times to have some irregular rhythm, however in this case I just left the frames jumping without that