After several days of frustration trying to find a way to cleanly slice up the design I've done in Xara Pro X 8.1.4, I'm turning to the experts. I've done the usual searches on this forum, Google, Xara help files and still, I haven't solved the problem. I have been away from this for a few years, and have read that this is not done anymore, but I need it for what I am doing. Perhaps I am missing something and if I have, my apologies; I did my best to research.

I have done a web site design in Xara Pro and want to export the result into varying sizes of slices, depending on the image (buttons vs a large image right below it that will be sliced differently). I will be using an independent editor. When I use Export Image in Slices in Xara using named rectangles (draw rectangles over the buttons, name them in the name gallery, set the colour to none and export), I either get a message saying the slices are overlapping (no obvious at all on a high zoom), or they are exported but are 1 or so pixels off so that the transition between them is "off" producing a jogged line rather than nice smooth lined up buttons. I have zoomed the images to death and aligned them, but yet, I haven't been able to produce a smooth transition between the button bottoms. These lead into a larger image below the buttons and the result looks terrible! I have "scale line widths" turned on.

I followed this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee5UtnYIZNc) hoping that the exported slices would use the guidelines as the slices (I think my Corel Draw 8 used to do this), but no, it added shims to make up the difference between my rectangles and the guidelines. AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

So, is there a nice smooth way of getting image slices that are cut cleanly in Xara Pro? Or, do I need to look at a different program?

Anna