Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Clean mode for previewing

Hi All,

Is there a way to hide elements that extend past the page borders? Something like clean mode that crops everything to the page size.

Thanks

Default Re: Clean mode for previewing

not directly as AFAIK - but you can mask it by having a very large rectangle with a page sized cutout on a topmost layer - however that will not deactivate the off page objects, to do that they would need to be in a seperate layer to the page objects, then you can lock/hide that layer[s]

If you convert the page to a webpage, and have Clip to Edges checked in Website Properties > Website, then you can preview the page as a web page and anything off the page will not show.

good idea - one I'll try

If you try to link some text, you'll get a dialog asking if you want to convert the page to a webpage.

When I create maps with beveled shapes, I often want the bevels to continue off-page - like showing a mountain top, but the mountain is larger than the map, so only part of the top is seen, as the rest is off page. At the point that I want to export the map as a JPG, I create a rectangle encompassing the entire map area I want to export, with no outline and no fill, but is currently selected. I export the selection, and only the area within the rectangular border is exported, even though more image exists beyond the selected rectangle. Once I export, I delete the rectangle.

The first illustration below is the entire created portion of the map - floor and telescope. Next to it is a gray box with transparency - just to show you the selected area (of course this will be no fill and no outline when exported). The image on the right is after the selection was exported, then imported back into Xara in its final result.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test-start.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	101542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	101543

I use trim mode in QXP (the screen shot) and PagePlus often enough. Same with ID (different name for it). I only use it for certain projects as in most all applications I can see the page edge and the (typically) 0.125" bleed easy enough and it isn't that distracting. But once in a while with posters, cards, etc, I do zoom to fit the page and hit trim mode in those applications so I can review it.

I would +1 for this in Xara products.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001381.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	101544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001382.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	101545  

Thank you all for all the suggestions and +1 for trim mode.

Wanted to ask you Gary does converting to webpage keep printing type attributes like Pantone colors and cmyk? Is it ok to keep working as a webpage even though it is purposed for print?

Take Care