Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default TOO MANY OPTIONS

I have used and studied a number of different website building tools - WordPress, Impact, XSite Pro 2.5, Optimize Press 2 [for WordPress] and have recently been absolutely smitten by Xara Web Designer 9 Premium [not for WordPress]; it is one incredible piece of software, the best I have ever seen! And Optimize Press 2 is also a great tool. Maybe both are needed for what they do best? [XSite Pro is in financial difficulty and not being kept up to date]

QUESTION: Do you feel that WordPress is indispensable for the purpose of achieving top ranking?

I constantly get bombarded by pitches on Warrior Forum, JV Zoo, etc for tools that, it seems, are largely about helping you get top Google ranking. And I must say that I succumb to many of those pitches. [Expensive, kind of like gambling fever or collecting fever].

I would use Xara and be very content as it can be populated with a mile and a half of Keywords and has unbelievable scope in many ways including Widgets for Amazon, e-Bay, e-commerce store, Pay-Pal, Optin Forms, you name it ... but I all the 'great marketing ideas on Warrior Forum are for WordPress only and they are supposedly fantastic tools for getting good ranking. Now that I think about it, that is the crux of their purported value.

The long and short of it is that I am knee-deep in confusion in how to proceed and any 'pearls of wisdom' would help.

SYNOPSIS: I want to use Xara for building web sites but, in essence, I wonder if I can get the same number of visitors compared to using WordPress themes considering the myriad tools/strategies created specifically to get traffic, in WordPress.

Regards ...

Larry

Default Re: TOO MANY OPTIONS

There are a lot of people trying to scare other people into buying SEO fixes. This, however, is from someone who has plenty of success creating sites and is not selling his advice

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...484#post498484
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Welcome to TalkGraphics Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cole View Post

QUESTION: Do you feel that WordPress is indispensable for the purpose of achieving top ranking?

Larry
    no

what wordpress is good at is enabling people [like me] who have not the slightest interest in website building, nor the desire to get too deep into it, to do it for themselves - and it can of course be used by experts too

what john says is right enough, it's shark infested waters out there

one tip: if you host with a professional web hosting company, they should be able to give you good advice as to how to get rankings - ours does [although I have to take that on trust as I don't do it personally] - it is in their interests to do so and keep you on-board
    Last edited by handrawn; 11 April 2014 at 06:58 PM.