Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Google Index

Default Google Index

Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help in how to fix this. Hopefully it makes sense, too...

I have copied the SourceCode of my website FROM the Internet browser (NOT from Xara) and have seen that on line 35 in the code it says, "no index" and "no follow".
    This is apparently telling Google not to look at my website and not to index it in the search engine.

Where do I go in Xara Web Designer to alter that code so that it says "index" and "follow" so that Google can recognise it?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Default Re: Google Index

Where did the code come from in the first place?

And is there a value for no index and no follow? For example true or false or 0 or 1.

Because the words are there does not mean they are doing what you think they are.

This script should be in the Analytics tabbed section of Website Properties. But I would not edit the script if you are not certain what the consequences will be.

Maybe you can find some answers here: https://support.google.com/analytics.../1008080?hl=en

Default Re: Google Index

that sounds like something that is usually in a .htaccess file on your server which most should NEVER touch. This doesn't sound like Xara code at all.