Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I've been in touch with someone in tech support who tried to get the server issue resolved. I tried everything from uninstalling Webstyle without my firewall and virus protection running, updating without it running as well, to installing SOAP3andXML4b.msi. Webstyle updates until it reaches the thumbnails for gellook then it freezes.

Apparently there aren't many others with this problem or they aren't making tech support aware because the resolution I was offered was to simply reimburse the cost of the template package.

I was hoping they would get their programmers involved but it's not looking good... so, I'll have to settle for the refund and deal with the templates that came with Webstyle.

Oh well... what a waste of time and big disappointment!

Gennine

I received a link from tech support with a link to download a file that altered a Webstyle registry string. I don't normally run registry altering files, but wanted this fixed so ran the file.

I ran the update and it started to download new templates, so it seems to be working, I stopped the download as it was going to take quite a while.

Dave
    I'm not really an Android, work just makes me feel that way.

Yeah I had to settle for a refund of the template package as well. No one from support offered a link to download anything to do with the registry. I tried every suggestion they had but nothing could resolve the problem. It's too bad, I really liked the designs in the template pack 3 and they would have been a nice addition to the templates I have now.
    Oh well, I'll have to be satisfied with the ones that came with Webstyle.

Penny

Hello:

I am certainly glad to know that it is not me that is the only one having problem connecting to the server. I have read all of the suggestions posted here and I still have no luck reaching the server. What is the link from tech support that altered the registry string.

Regards,
    CeeVee

Originally posted by Davoid:
    I received a link from tech support with a link to download a file that altered a Webstyle registry string. I don't normally run registry altering files, but wanted this fixed so ran the file.

I ran the update and it started to download new templates, so it seems to be working, I stopped the download as it was going to take quite a while.

Dave
    What was the link to update the Windows Registry string? We have not heard anything from Xara. I am totally bummed by their lack of response and inability to resolve any issues.

CeeVee

Hi CeeVee,

I was told there is no resultion at this time and that their programers are aware of the problem. Hopefully, there will be a fix with the next update.

"webstyle has encountered an error while communicating with the server. connecting bad url specified. Hresult = 0x800A151C please make sure you are connected to the internet"

This error would be caused by the program being prevented from accessing the internet. Likely to be your firewall. Ensure Webstyle is enabled access

Default Re: unable to connect to server

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeters
    What was the link to update the Windows Registry string? We have not heard anything from Xara. I am totally bummed by their lack of response and inability to resolve any issues.

CeeVee
    I received a reply from Xara regarding the same issue with not being able to connect and they said the following:

Please select start and then run from your Windows start bar and type
    regedit.
    Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xara\xmupload
    Is the folder present? If not, please download xmupload.zip from here

Extract the .reg file from the zip to a location on your machine. Next
    right click on the file and select merge.

Start Webstyle and attempt connecting again

Notice that they didn't say where "here" was. So I found the link on their web site. Here it is: http://downloads.xara.com/support/fi...e/xmupload.zip

That worked for me to at least get connected. Now I'm getting: "There has been an error downloading a thumbnail (error code 0x00002ee2)."

I've e-mail tech support again and am waiting for their response.

Default Re: unable to connect to server

I too get the unable to connect to server error to download a purchased set of templates.

I tried the registry fix mentioned above but it doesn't make any difference for me.

It's very frustrating no being able to download the templates i need and have paid for.

You'd think there would be a link avaialble for the templates when you logon to your account and see all you have previously purchased, but the only program available to download is webstle4 itself.

Why are there no links to previously purchased templates?

Has anyone had any success in curing the connection error?

Talking Success!

If I'd read this thread 2 days ago, I would never have paid for the software. However, I did - and the template bundle! So I was more than a little miffed when I couldn't download the new templates.
    I was getting the same "Can't connect to server" cobblers that everyone else seems to have had, except for the error number "Unexpected error (0x80040155)"

In addition, all the links in the FAQ were coming up as "The page cannot be displayed".

No reply from Xara tech support - no surprise there then.
    So... finally spotted this forum and guess what? Everyone else is having the same problem. No surprise there either then.

ANYWAY..... there are 2 files listed in this thread as fixes. I've now applied both, by the following method, and at last... I've got my downloads!

Here's how I did it:
    1. Download, unzip and double-click on the Registry file - yes you DO want to enter it into the registry.
    2. Click Start > Run > Type "regedit" without the quotes, then click OK
    3. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER - then Software - then Xara - then XMUpload
    4. Check that the password you registered with is on line 2, and the email addy you registered with is on line 4. If not, edit the relevant lines and add them.
    5. Close the registry editor.
    6. Either download or just run the .msi file - It will ask if you want to repair or uninstall the existing file. - Repair does NOT work. Select Uninstall and let it be removed altogether.
    7. Run the .msi file again and re-install the software.
    8. Open Webstyle and try downloading the new templates - it SHOULD work now!

If it does work for you, try contacting Xara's tech support and tell 'em that PooterMan achieved what their own crappy support didn't and therefore deserves at least 10% of their future sales Don't expect a reply from them though! If the above solution does NOT work for you, jolly tough titty and best of luck finding an alternative.

Just in case the download links for the 2 fixes stop working, I've posted the files on my site, with the above instructions.

Hit this link to go there... http://www.pooterman.co.uk/webstylefix

Feel free to contact me if you need help.