Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Whenever I try to use "web update" feature I keep getting this error message pop up

"webstyle has encountered an error while communicating with the server. connecting bad url specified. Hresult = 0x800A151C please make sure you are connected to the internet"

I have unistalled and reinstalled webstyle 4, but it has made no difference.

Windows XP
    browser - firefox

Thanks for any help,
    Dave
    I'm not really an Android, work just makes me feel that way.

Whenever I try to use "web update" feature I keep getting this error message pop up

"webstyle has encountered an error while communicating with the server. connecting bad url specified. Hresult = 0x800A151C please make sure you are connected to the internet"

Windows XP
    browser - firefox

Thanks for any help,
    Dave
    I'm not really an Android, work just makes me feel that way.

Well that didn't work....I still get an error when I click the update button. I noticed in the xmupload file that there is no info in the username nor the password section they just contain "". This could be why it doesn't connect to the xara update server. I too have ordered one of the template packs and am unable to download them through the update button. Are they available online in zip form to download and add to the templates folder?
    Don't know how I will get them. It is very frustrating. I love the program...it is only this glitch that is annoying.
    Penny

Ummmm.....
    Has anyone heard from support recently about this problem?
    I got an e-mail with the standard questions that are in FAQ's (which I already told them I had tried but they didn't resolve the problem). The program works fine it just won't update or download any extra templates I purchase. I am going to charge back the template pack #3 purchase on my credit card and forget about buying any additional ones.

I do hope they resolve this glitch with the software though, adding new templates was one of the reasons I purchased webstyle 4.
    Penny

Yeah I had to settle for a refund of the template package as well. No one from support offered a link to download anything to do with the registry. I tried every suggestion they had but nothing could resolve the problem. It's too bad, I really liked the designs in the template pack 3 and they would have been a nice addition to the templates I have now.
    Oh well, I'll have to be satisfied with the ones that came with Webstyle.

Penny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TazMan:
    turn High Speed Accellorator off<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pennymoon:
    Hello,
    I am having the same problem with webstyle4. I have checked all the info suggested in the FAQ's help and everything is fine. It was working fine, until I installed the xara 3D from the cd mailed to me. I don't know if this could be the problem, but I did register it at the xara club and of course the user name and password are different from the one given to me when I bought webstyle and received the unlock password. I am going to try to change my password at xara club to the same one as I was sent to unlock the webstyle trial when I purchased it. It's worth a shot anyway as nothing else has worked...I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the downloaded software zip and the software cd, with the same error message when I try to check for template upgrades. I purchased one of the template packs but the updater won't connect so I can't get it.

Penny <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have Sympatico DSL. There is no accelerator as far as I know.

I think the problem has to do with the user name and password file for remotely accessing the xaraonline site. When I registered the Xara3D at the Xara Club I think somehow the user name and password for xaraonline was changed in my computer files automatically. I can log in fine while on the web and all the purchases show in my account, it is just the updater that specifically checks for new templates in the webstyle4 that won't connect. The part that checks for a newer version of Webstyle4 connects fine and tells me I have the latest version of webstyle4. The same thing happens if I try to update Menumaker templates also. As I said before, the program worked fine, connected and downloaded new templates no problem......until 2 days ago when I registered at the Xara Club.

Hope support figures out what is going on. I still think they should have the templates in a zip format for downloading...like they do with Xara menumaker. Would be simpler.

Penny

I'm having the same kinds of problems. I purchased Webstyle 4 plus the template bundle (#3) and so far have not been able to completely download them.

1st error: There has been an error downloading a thumbnail (error code 0x00002ee2).

2nd error: Webstyle has encountered an
    error while communicating with the server...
    Server XML Parser failed at linenumber 5, lineposition 7, reason is: The name in the
    end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag.

HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error

Please make sure you are connected to the internet. If this continues to happen, please
    contact technical support.

On subsequent attempts to update it
    freezes at gellock (theme)\gellook_hnavar

I am using cable to connect to the internet and am NOT using any download accellerators. I am not having connectivity issues or problems
    with any other software on my machine.

Response from tech support:
    reinstall SOAP3ANDXML4B.msi from
    http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/...P3andXML4b.msi

Please ensure you have no virus software enabled when installing or any software which monitors registry activity. Please also delete the contents of your temp files prior to installing.

I've done this but there is no change. Wrote back to tech support. Awaiting a reply...

Gennine

turn your accellorator off(High Speed aol or something

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Davoid:

Windows XP
    browser - firefox

Thanks for any help,
    Dave <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been in touch with someone in tech support who tried to get the server issue resolved. I tried everything from uninstalling Webstyle without my firewall and virus protection running, updating without it running as well, to installing SOAP3andXML4b.msi. Webstyle updates until it reaches the thumbnails for gellook then it freezes.

Apparently there aren't many others with this problem or they aren't making tech support aware because the resolution I was offered was to simply reimburse the cost of the template package.

I was hoping they would get their programmers involved but it's not looking good... so, I'll have to settle for the refund and deal with the templates that came with Webstyle.

Oh well... what a waste of time and big disappointment!

Gennine

turn High Speed Accellorator off<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pennymoon:
    Hello,
    I am having the same problem with webstyle4. I have checked all the info suggested in the FAQ's help and everything is fine. It was working fine, until I installed the xara 3D from the cd mailed to me. I don't know if this could be the problem, but I did register it at the xara club and of course the user name and password are different from the one given to me when I bought webstyle and received the unlock password. I am going to try to change my password at xara club to the same one as I was sent to unlock the webstyle trial when I purchased it. It's worth a shot anyway as nothing else has worked...I have uninstalled and reinstalled from the downloaded software zip and the software cd, with the same error message when I try to check for template upgrades. I purchased one of the template packs but the updater won't connect so I can't get it.

Penny <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>