Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Buttons in Webstyle

Hi, I have just had to edit a site for a friend. I had huge problems with the navbar buttons created in Webstyle 4. The reason was that the whole site was downloaded from the server into a new folder for Dreamweaver 8 - after being edited in a different computer.

When I tried to edit the nav buttons in Webstyle 4 I was able to complete all the editing, re-linking, adding new buttons etc. However, when I came to save the file and clicked the save and edit option it did not give me the option to save in the new folder but defaulted to the folder used for the previous version of the website (I needed to keep this older version so the edited site was put in a new folder).

The only way out I could find (as panic set in) was to completely delete the code for the navbar and produce a new design from Webstyle 4 (similar to the one I had deleted). Is there a way to force WBS4 to save to a new directory once a set of buttons have been created? i.e create some buttons, save the file, edit the buttons then save to a new file.

Thank you

Martin
    Last edited by Riftvalley; 10 February 2007 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typos