Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PhotoShop EPS files

Titled this specifically as PhotoShop EPS files, but I'll squeak in two PS related requests...

Typically, the EPS files I will get that have been saved from PS as EPS format is because (1) the EPS has paths to mask the bitmap fills and, (2) duotone (or tritone, etc).

(1) I would like XDP to be able to import PS EPS files that contain paths. I rarely care about the bitmap fills but do care about obtaining the paths. Sometimes the fill is important and need them too.

(2) Duotones. Been requested before. Want them, need them. Which likely means that XDP needs to also be able to create duotones natively.

As for #1, I currently either need to use Adobe Illustrator or Serif DrawPlus to open them. Which means if I don't need to do much manipulation, the art is finished in those applications. Only if there is going to be significant manipulation will I hassle with getting the paths and or fills into XDP.

As for #2, the only current option is to bypass using XDP altogether.

Default Re: PhotoShop EPS files

I agree and plus one with you

One time I did a two color catalog in another program that included one Pantone colored image and it was only for this one image that I needed Photoshop to make the duo-tone image. It would be monumentally helpful to be able to color jpeg's or tiff's or any image for that matter with a Pantone swatch and then be able to output directly from ProX the required plates. It would also be massively helpfull if you could select to output to gray scale/K and preserve spot colors, so that in the above case you would have two plates "K" and the spot color ready for the service bureau.

Thanks

+1

If what you are saying here is you would really like Xara products to create Grayscale images, I totally agree, as we can do the rest here! Is that not right or am I being daft again. Is it PS's custom shapes that you want to import as vectors cos occasionally I do that myself into Illy. Other than that PS's masks render the export as raster as it is only the Pen Tool in PS will give you paths.
    +1 to bring back Grayscale (it was when they introduced the PDF export that we lost Grayscale).

I am on a tablet the morning and can't remember if a plain single path, not multiple paths, can be exported in PS as a PDF which could be opened by Xara.
    Design is thinking made visual.

+1 for duotone/spot color support in bitmap images.

Yep, I was going to say Grayscale support too,

Except Peter, I don't think Xara ever had true grayscale support. Every time I need a grayscale image I have to pass it though Photoshop. I cannot remember ever being able to export a true grayscale image. Charles Moir always say just make a image with 0 saturation and that is grayscale (except that it reads as RGB when you bring it into another application).