Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasteboard background - random colour change

Hello Xara community,

Has anyone else had this situation? I've got a simple 5-page site. The pasteboard background is identical for all 5 pages (it's a textured grey). But when published, the fourth page of my site displays a bright green background, instead of the grey colour I gave it. The other four display correctly. I have checked all the files in Xara Web Designer and there is definitely no random green rectangle floating around on that pasteboard. I don't think it's a caching issue, as I cleaned all that out earlier today. I have published the site a couple of times today and it still comes up the same way. It even shows up bright green in the preview.

I don't hate it, but I don't understand it.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page background.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	101386

Default Re: Pasteboard background - random colour change

Try this.

Right click on the pasteboard background for the home page and select Copy Pasteboard Background.

Then, right click on the pasteboard again and select Paste > Paste Background on all Pages.

Let us know if this works.

Thank you. That did it I have another quick question, regarding fonts. I used Jenna Sue (free for commercial use) for some headings. When publishing, a note came up saying that Xara was sending Jenna Sue along with the site, so that it would display properly. However, even though it displayed properly for some people, others were getting this. (below) I have replaced the headings with bitmaps, though obviously that's not so good for search engines.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Incorrect headings.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	101401

Sorry - posted twice! Have deleted this message

The font probably is not embedding. So on your computer and any other computer that has this font it will display correctly. Otherwise Times Roman or another font will be displayed.

Have a look at the Google fonts (in the Fonts drop down list). All of these fonts can be embedded and will display correctly on all computers.