Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Anyone know how to do this text technique?

Hello All,

I am new to Xara and have a project I would love to apply this technique that I see on the website, but I cannot find any reference on how to do it. I have looked at videos, featured art, archives etc and cannot find anything at all. I have even tried youtube but no luck there either. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks much!

Cindy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	101347  

Default Re: Anyone know how to do this text technique?

The font is called, as I have it named, Antic and that app in the pic definitely looks like our beloved Xara 3D. I used it on huge vinyl banners getting people out to register and VOTE in the last two presidential elections! It was quite striking and very well received. Hope this helps.

I've not been around here at all in quite some time. I had a one stroke that affected three different areas of the left side of my brain. I had to learn how to walk, talk, drive, write, eat, grip, could not hear or see properly, you name it I had to learn it. I had to contemplate which was right or left, just got limited driving privileges! It was a nightmare. I did read much here and was entertained and informed by you all, as usual...and here I am! Please take care of yourselves. Sorry this got off topic!

Default Re: Anyone know how to do this text technique?

Welcome to TG Cindy I'm not sure you can do it in 3D Maker alone, you may need a vector program such as Xara Photo & Graphics Designer. However see this video, it may help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNtD6QKr0a8
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.