Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copy and paste text from webpage and other places

Hello, I'm new to this form thank you for having me on your form, I'm really happy to find out about Xara products and start putting them into production.

I'm having a problem and not sure if it is a Windows 8.1 problem with copying and pasting text from webpages. In Firefox I can select the text can copy but when trying to paste it into a Xara Photo and Graphic Designer text box nothing happens, I have to first paste the text into Wordpad and then copy again from there and then paste it as Rich Text Format into Xara. Also nothing happens when trying to copy and paste from LibreOffice and when trying to paste some text into the File > Save As dialog box.

Thanks for any help

Default Re: Copy and paste text from webpage and other places

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I moved your post into the Web Design Chat forum.

What Xara application are you using?

I have not had the same problem, but if the intermediate step of pasting into word pad and then into your Xara product works then maybe that's the best solution.

I wonder if your anti virus program is blocking copy and paste?

Thanks gwpriester,

The anti-virus program is exactly the problem, I turned it off and copy and paste works now and so does pasting into the Save dialog box for file name. I tried after turning the AV back on pasting does not work, I'm using Webroot Secure Anywhere, will have to see if there is any settings to adjust to make it work.

Thanks Again

Found the setting in the Identity & Privacy tab, Webroot was blocking Xara Photo and Graphic Designer, changed it to Protect and problem is gone, Yay!
    Last edited by ZamJam; 30 March 2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Update information

Once in a while I luck out and manage the right answer.

Good call on your part Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.