Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ridiculous real estate prices

I am clearly living in the wrong country.

I was just reading Gary's thread about his mobile site for a realtor and was dumbstruck by how cheap the amazing houses were and what one could get for their money if they lived in Placitas. I could purchase this fantastic property with great views on over an acre of land in what seems to be a great community and not have trouble with my mortgage repayments http://www.laurenherman.com/html/145-windmill-lane.html

OR

I could buy this house 15 minutes from my house in a low socio economic area with a lot of crime and although I wouldnt struggle with the mortgage, I might struggle to keep my house from being regularly broken into http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...evue-112442763

I am really amazed at what you can get for your buck on the other side of the world.....flabbergasted is a more apt word.

Default Re: Ridiculous real estate prices

I agree. Australian Real Estate is mad prices.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

It depends where on this side of the world you are as to what real estate prices are like. Even here in BC it depends where you look, the prices are much higher here in the coastal areas than in the interior of the province. And on what's known as the lower mainland which comprises the city of Vancouver and all it's surrounding areas it's even worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

In southern California, it's how close you are to the beach... and, from Santa Monica down to the Mexican border, there are lots of people and lots of jobs. I think they call us a 'conurbation' -- a giant blob of contiguous cities stretching 150 miles, except for the Marine base at Camp Pendleton.

I guess Australia's the same? Seashore-expensive? But isn't inland Australia dry -- arid -- no water, sort of like our southwestern desert? No suburbs out in the Mojave, that's for sure.

Still, I wonder why Australia is so expensive. I can understand Vancouver, with all the Chinese piling in. But Australia -- do you have high salaries to match the high home prices?

If you think Placitas is inexpensive, check out this charmer in Perth, North Dakota --

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/20...16680422_zpid/

The London Guardian had a piece last week on the ten most expensive cities in which to live, and the ten cheapest.

Australia had two of the top ten spots.

Placitas is located in the foothills of Sandia Mountain and is just high enough to provide panoramic views of both Sandia Mountain and the mesas and mountains to the west and north west.

It is very quiet. We love it here.

We lived in California most of our lives, Beverly Hills, Palos Verdes, then the San Francisco Bay area. We would not move back, even if we could afford to.

I remember a quite a few years ago some friends settled in Australia (around 1997) and raved about how their new house was about three times the size of their house back home and much better in terms of room sizes and they even had a pool, and it was cheaper than the house they sold in england which meant that they were living mortgage-free, but now it seems the prices have caught up to us here.

I sometimes go onto rightmove and check out the US properties, in particular Florida and am amazed at what you get for £200k there, where I live that would buy you a small 3 bedroom terraced house with a very small garden or new 2 bedroom apartment, but for the same price in florida you can get a house which here would be a minimum of a million and a half. I guess it comes down to supply and demand, I know that a lot of well off chinese are buying into australian properties and the price they are willing to pay is more than the locals, the same has happened in London; rich russians are paying silly prices (£50million for penthouse apartments in Hyde Park area).
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

You are really choosing none of the above.Well chose the safe one and if you seen that it is convenient for you just go for it.In Finland i find a home at http://www.arvoasunnot.fi/ they are quite expensive but it is convenient to me.Well choosing home is really quite hard being safe is still a good choice for me.

Quote Originally Posted by steve.ledger View Post
    I agree. Australian Real Estate is mad prices.
    Are you sure about this. Can you get a concrete proof on this because I doubt that this is really is happening. I made a huge success on buying an old property with a very reasonable price. The assistance of Property Valuers Perth made it possible, my final word of advice is that before signing up find out about your mentor and their property success and portfolio.