Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Randy I use thick paper towels like you would use to be able to pick up say a broken egg,but I think Sharons idea is also a good one as a stomp is a much better shape.I used to use my fingers as well for shading but the grease can really ruin a pic quick and sometimes there is no going back afterwards either.

This is an image I drew with a rapidograph pen years ago {hence the bad shaping [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] } and tonight I colored it in using the airbrush in Photoshop [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tiger-copy.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	7305  

I don't really know anything about this sort of stuff, but I think that looks really awesome kiwi! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

-fodo

that looks great, Kiwi.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Thanks guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Heres a Desert pic I painted in Painter Classic.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desert_copy.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	4934  

I must say I am enjoying seeing these illustrations/drawings here. I think it's right that there should be a place for the low tech. I have posted a number of illustrations produced exclusivly in Xara but most of them start out as a pencil sketch of some sort.

I have posted a drawing of mine, originally started as a sketch for a possible Xara illustration, which just kept on going until it was a finished drawing in it's own right. The Xara version will come eventually as it's for a commision but I feel the low tech. version deserves an airing.

[Moderator Edit - I don't know what was happening here for you Masque. I see you've posted your awsome image in a new thread so I deleted the multiple copies of it that were appearing in this thread. I trust you are okay with my intervention. Your fine image deserves its own thread and besides this thread is getting rather graphics heavy. Must be painfully slow for our slow modem friends. -- Ross ]

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on August 20, 2001 at 14:59.]