Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara picture editor

Can anyone help me?? The controls on my Xara picture editor are gone??
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and it still the same
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	missing tools.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	101234  

Default Re: Xara picture editor

Have you tried opening it from inside: Program Files (x86)/Xara/Xara Picture Editor?
    In some cases you might have to run it as Administrator.
    If you have not already done so, you could add a short cut to Desktop from here.
    TJB

looking at your screenshot I'd say you have installed Xara Xtreme [which you quote in your profile and which is an old program] on windows 8 [maybe windows 7]

the first step [because it is easy] is to right click that desktop shortcut to the picture editor and click 'run as administrator' - if this fixes it you do not need to do that again

if it does not fix it you can try right-clicking again and choosing properties and on the compatibility tab tick 'run this program in compatibility mode for' and chose Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

[f that fails you can try un-installing and reinstalling the program in compatibility mode for XP SP3 - do same as above, except right-clicking on the installation file that you have on CD / downloaded instead to set compatibility - but I don't think you will need to go this far, running it in compatibility mode should be enough]

unless the registry is messed up you should get it running - Xtreme is a program I still use occasionally and it will run on windows 8 - I have it running in XP SP3 mode on windows 8.1 and I checked the picture editor and it works ok

Personally I find that a bit odd. Let us know if the above suggestions fixed your problem. I sincerely hope they did. Just out of curiosity had you ran a cleaner of some sort such as ccleaner? I know that one gets good reviews but I have had problems with it being too aggressive, so I no longer use it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The Xara Picture editor and Xara Xtreme are quite out of date my suggestion would be to look at upgrading to a current program. Xara Xtreme has now become Xara Photo and Graphics Designer and Xtreme Pro is now Designer Pro As well as new tools there are many improvements to how the program works. For one the programs now sport a photo tool that has had many upgrades and your edits are applied right there on the page. There are some nice features introduced in the last couple of versions like a vector eraser, a vector paint tool (called the shape painter).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

there are of course some things changed you may not like..

for example in the later programs you can only use fonts with variants that are supplied with the font - in other words, if the font does not have say, a supplied bold, then xara will no longer make a bold for you - worse, if you open a file that was made that way, there is a likelyhood it will get messed up in the current program

so if you do upgrade, keep the old program installed and handy, you never know when you might need it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	errorcode.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	101239
    I am also getting this error in Xara Xtreme so I guess its time to up grade because I am running windows 7 and none of the above worked. Thank you for your time....all of you!!

Ron